When it all began...

As the sunset dawned over Gravity falls lake, a small merman swam slowly, his tail flickering in the clear water, he wasn't paying attention to what was in front of him, he just looked down at his own refection.

The merman's name was Mermando. He was heartbroken because a mermaid that he had feelings for had rejected him for another. He didn't think he would ever love again. He continued this moment to himself until he had reached the docks, he heard a voice.

"Hi! My name's Mabel, are you okay?" Mermando looked up to see a girl kneeling down to look at him from the docks. The summer wind made her chocolate brown hair to flow with it, her chocolate brown eyes shimmering in the sunset. Mermando's face got warm as he looked at this girl. His thoughts of this girl were iterrupted by her own voice, "Um... You okay?" Mermando snapped back into reality, "Si! Yes! I'm fine." Mermando stammered as he stood the sight of ths girl.

"Glad to know," Mabel replied, smiling. "So what's your name?"

"Um..." Mermando stuttered, he then pointed out his tail that was fickering in excitement, "My name is Mermando, I am a merman..." The girl stood in shock as she saw his tail. "A merman?!" Mermando nodded, "Si, a merman. I understand if you do not wish to be around me..." Mermando then turned around in shame, knowing that since the girl found out, she might be disgusted. Merpeople and humans were always bitter enemies.

Mabel touched Mermando's shoulder. The feeling of her touch made him redder than a tomato. "Don't worry about it, me and my brother have seen tons of creatures! But I didn't know there was a merman here!"

Merando chuckled, "Well, us merpeople travel from time to time. I just came here to help relieve my broken heart." He then stopped, why was he talking his feelings to this... human? "Don't worry, I understand," Mabel replied, looking down. "Whenever I have a crush on someone, they reject me because of how crazy I can be."

"Que?!" Mermando said in disbelief, "You're not crazy!" Mabel giggled, her laugh hit Mermando's ears like a ping of pure silver. "Well, I can be!" The girl spoke.

The two continued talking until Mabel' brother was yelling for Mabel to get back at the shack. She and Mermando waved each other "good-bye" and Mermado gave out a love-sick sigh. Followed by thoughts that horrified him.

He was in love with a human.