32: Resolution

At six, Avery and Julian were walking to where the campfire was.

"Why do you think Chelsey is doing this?" Avery asked.

Julian shrugged. "For as long as I've known Chelsey, I have never been able to answer that question."

"Well, who is coming?" Avery asked.

"I don't know, she was particularly vague about that too."

"Great," Avery mumbled.

They arrived at the campfire in the woods and Avery immediately realized why Chelsey was so secretive about this little get together. She had gathered Brady, Cole, Julian, Avery, and Nikki. The gang truly was all here. Nikki and Avery stared at each other. Neither said a word to the other. Chesley sensed the awkwardness that was brewing between everyone and immediately intervened.

"Okay, so, we're all here," Chesley said, putting her hands together. "I would like to start."

"Start?" Nikki asked. "What is this, Chelsey?"

Chelsey took a deep breath and Avery realized whatever this was, Chelsey knew they were not going to be happy about it.

"Okay, fine, tonight we are all going to clear the air about everything going on between all of us," she said firmly.

They all looked between each other nervously. This would not end well, but one stern look from Chelsey, and Julian and Avery immediately sat down on the log opposite Chelsey and Brady. There were logs placed around the campfire in a circle. Cole was sitting on the log next to Julian and Nikki was on Avery's right.

"Like I said, I'll go first, and I would like to remind everyone that we are all forgiving and moving on, no one will get mad, and no one is going to leave still angry at anyone," Chelsey said.

Avery was not sure if everyone was really agreeing when they nodded or they were just scared of her, but they all let her continue anyway.

"So, my confession is that sophomore year when Brady and Maya were hooking up, I lied and said Julian was secretly hooking up with her too," Chelsey said nervously.

"I told you!" Julian said to Brady at once.

Brady's jaw dropped, he stared at Chelsey. "Are you serious?" Brady asked her.

Chelsey nodded sadly. "I'm sorry."

Brady looked over at Julian. Avery glanced over at Julian too.

"I'm sorry too," Brady finally said to him. "I guess I should have believed you."

"It's cool," Julian said. "We're good?"

Brady nodded.

"See? That wasn't so bad," Chelsey said. "Who's next?"

"Woah, hold up, Chels, we're not done yet, why'd you lie?" Brady asked.

"Ugh, because I used to be a neurotic, jealous, psycho, but I'm doing so much better now, and aren't you glad I was honest?"

He stared at her for a moment before nodding. "Yeah, I guess you're right," Brady grumbled.

"Okay, now who's next?" Chelsey asked, looking over at Nikki and Avery hopefully.

Neither of them spoke up. Chelsey desperately looked to Cole who sighed and nodded.

"All right, I'll go," Cole said. "Brady, the last time that I slept in your room, I broke the trophy on your desk and blamed it on your roommate."

"What?" Brady groaned. "Dude, come on, I yelled at Danny for hours about that."

Cole shrugged. "Again, I'm sorry."