I absentmindedly brought my hand to the throbbing area, regretting it immediately as I flinched back. Right, there must be a massive bruise where he gripped me. "What the hell happened," She asked incredulously and I shook my head, not wanting to talk about it.

It wasn't the fact that talking would be incredibly painful at this moment that halted me but the fact that when chris was doing this to me, I was extremely vulnerable and I didn't want to revisit that
moment again.

Yes, I have had a few near death incidents before but I had never wanted to die as much as I did in that night and the fact alone scared me shitless.

But here I was standing on two shaky feet and forcing the corners of my mouth up in attempt to smile the pain away.

I knew Izzy came to a conclusion from the way realisation had dawned upon her but I shook my head, a silent plea to not bring it up.

She understood because she nodded, wiping away the worry and replacing it with a grin, interlocking my arm in hers. She dragged me to her room and I was not surprised most of the decor was purple since it was her favourite colour.

She steered me to sit down at her vanity desk and in the mirror did I see how bad it actually looked. I now could understand how confused Izzy had felt by the huge mark on my neck.

I reached out to trace it with my fingers, remembering the feel of chris's hand as he cut out the oxygen supply my body desperately needed.

At that moment, he was no longer a human to me but he was a monster, a monster that I wanted absolutely nothing to do with.

Izzy quickly, with the help of multiple brushes and makeup items that I had no knowledge of, concealed the mark that everyone's eyes would surely draw too. I felt immensely grateful that she understood my need to hide it instead of heal it and my shoulders sagged slightly in relief when I could barely make it out myself.

She took me downstairs for breakfast and I immediately could feel Chris's eyes bore into the side of my head but I paid no heed to it.

He no longer intimidated me compared to the amount of hatred my heart held for him.

"Today, we are having an assignment in which we have to bait someone out of a club. Our normal baiter has got her face damaged temporarily in an unfortunate incident so our replacement will be Hazel for tonight," He announced once successfully catching the attention of the four of us.

The two boys continued chewing their food while both chris and Izzy's gazes were on me as I forced another forkful of food down my throat, feigning normality.

I was not going to give chris the satisfaction by breaking down and pleading not to do this despite the silent urging in which Izzy was telling me to do so. Instead, I just got up and returned my plate to the sink once their and returned my plate to the sink once their gazes got too uncomfortable.

"Izzy, will you come with me to the mall, I have no appropriate pieces of attire," I asked her and she nodded, going to the kitchen for a second to dispose of her plate and cutlery before following me out.

I had thankfully taken a shower last night before giving chris his food and since I didn't want to let him see me in my pyjamas, I dressed in a casual outfit which I saw no problem in going out in now.

The two of us sat in the backseat of a BMW, one of the many cars chris owned and waited for the driver to bring us to our destination. I wondered how many cars in the garage was stolen instead of earned like most people.

Pushing that thought out of my head, I focused my eyes on the scenery outside. I felt Izzy's gaze constantly flicker towards me, probably making sure I was okay and me, probably making sure I was okay and not having a breakdown and so I made sure to hide the inner turmoil carefully.