XXIII

[Grian]

I didn't want to remember. I didn't want to remember what had happened. How he had ruined everything. How I had become a Watcher.

My wings weren't dark purple without a reason...

I closed my eyes trying to forget the scene that was reaching out for me from the past.

I closed my ears from the screams of my friends.

Tears were coming to my eyes.

I didn't want it to happen. I didn't want to see it. I wanted to forget!

Blood...

Dripping from the obsidian sword..

In my hands.

My bloody hands..

The bodies...

All over the spawn..

My friends.

All gone..

Because of me...

His smile..

"Good job Xelqua!"

Those words.

Everything was gone..

Because of him...

I HATE him..

          "Grian! Snap out of it!" Xavier's voice rang through my head and I snapped my eyes open.

I looked down and saw Taurtis' mask still laying on the ground. With shaky hands I picked it up and hid it to my inventory. I didn't want my friends finding it and taking it away. It belonged to Taurtis.

"You should message Iskall about the building. The Hermits are starting to get worried about you because you have been acting too distant lately," Xavier pointed out. I had to agree that he was right, I had been too distant lately and especially Mumbo and Iskall were starting to worry.

'Alright, I'll message him right away. The base needs to be finished soon anyways because we're slowly starting to run out of time before the war starts,' I said to him and pulled out my communicator, sending a message Iskall.

"Remember not to overwork yourself and be careful with your hand," Xavier reminded.

'I know, I know,' I sighed and put my communicator away after seeing Iskall replay.

[No one]

          A blonde admin picked up a paper from her table and examined it with her ocean blue eyes while brushing a piece of hair out of her face. She examined every Galactic sentence that had been written on the paper with a hand writing that looked like magpie's toes.

She sighed and looked towards the table on her left. There was no one. It annoyed her a bit since she wished he would have been working on the moment, but instead he was fooling around elsewhere. But well, it wasn't like she wouldn't be able to finish the work by herself. There wasn't much to do anyway, was there?

One sentence in the paper then caught her attention. It was a name of a spell she had never heard of. She immediately got suspicious because she knew the names of the allowed spells and that wasn't one of them. But as she wasn't a Watcher, nor did she knew the spells that well, she decided that it would be a better idea to get an actual Watcher to look at it.