XVIII

[Grian]

Me and Iskall had come together and built a base for our G-team HQ. It was looking like it was supposed to, but it was nowhere near ready yet. It was looking alright from the outside, but the inside was empty and all the details were missing.

I was staring at the progress we had made in the few hours. Iskall had already gone back home and told me that I should go too, but I hadn't listened to him.

"You should listen to his advice, you know," Xavier spoke.

'I want to keep working. There's something missing and it's bothering me,' I answered as I set down a purple shulker box full of building supplies for the base.

"Even I can feel the pain in your arm. The blood has soaked through your sleeve too if you hadn't already noticed," Xavier floated in front of me in his transparent form.

'I'm completely alright. You shouldn't worry about me. Go before someone sees you!' I said.

Xavier placed his scarred hand on my forehead. "You have a high fever. I can feel you burning up."

'I'm fine-,' I started, but got interrupted by a clump of warm crimson blood that I couched to my hands. I felt the liquid dripping from my mouth as I stared at my hands. They were covered in blood.

The blood continued dripped on the white concrete floor underneath me. I didn't move in what felt like hours. Then I lost my balance and fell down on my knees.

I didn't hear Xavier calling out my name as the whole world spun around me. Then it all went dark as I felt another clump of blood in my throat. With the familiar, metallic taste of blood in my mouth I went to unconsciousness.

[Haylie]

         "⍑ᔑ||ꖎ╎ᒷ!" I heard someone call out my name. The panicked tone in his voice got me to spin around as fast as I could, so I could see what was going on.

My hidden eyes widened when I saw Pixlriffs running towards me with someone laying on his arms. It took me only a second to realise that the bloody figure was Grian.

"Here!" I shouted and pulled a curtain open, letting them into an empty resting space. Pixlriffs ran in and placed Grian on the bed.

"What happened?" I asked as my hands ran over his body, examining for possible fever and bleeding. The situation with him looked bad, but I wasn't sure about what it was yet.

"I noticed an error in the code and went to inspect it. I found the place where it had happened and it was where Grian was laying like this. The ground was covered in blood and he was burning up," Pixlriffs explained. He didn't seem to have any better idea than I about the situation.

"Alright. Thank you for bringing him here." I moved my eyes back to Grian. "He's heartbeat is way too slow. I have to get to work immediately. Whatever it is, it's trying to kill him."

I gritted my teeth and placed my hands on his chest, hoping that I could do something to help him with my magics.

"I'll call ||ᒷリリ|| or ꖎ⚍!¡╎リ," Pixlriffs said and turned to hurry out of the resting space. He knew that I needed space to work with the injured.

          I picked up a syringe filled with healing ingredients. I infected it into his body to make him closer to being stable. Then I turned to examine him if I could find something that could explain his situation.

The bleeding in his left hand. There was something in it. I placed my hand on it and felt the dark magics immediately. My breath hitched and for a second my heart stopped.