XX

[No one]

A dark forest surrounded them. No light got past the thick layer of leafs of the trees, even though no one knew if there was any actual light above the leafs anyways. The darkness didn't bother them though. The white and purple mask on their face made sure that they saw where they were going.

The forest went on and on for kilometres and there would be no light no matter how many hours you walked forward. There was supposed to be no escape from the place, but they knew that and were prepared to get out with their own little tricks.

"Who's trying to cross the forest?" A deep, raspy voice cut the air and suddenly they were surrounded by a pack of silhouettes that were dancing in the shadows.

"You don't have to mind me, I'm just passing by," the traveller answered. Their voice had a warning tone, but the silhouettes didn't even flinch, they weren't afraid of the traveler.

"I don't think that you understand what you're doing," the silhouettes sang in a taunting tone. Their disturbing laughter rang through the forest, but that didn't bother the traveller.

"Let me pass and I won't cause problems," they said. The silhouettes continued to laugh.

"'And I won't cause problems'," the silhouettes mocked their voice. "But dear, you're already causing problems! This place isn't for you, is it?" They laughed in a tone that made it clear that they looked down at the traveller.

"Souls of the Dead, let me pass and I won't cause any problems. This is your last warning and I really hope that you realise it before you make choices that you will regret," the traveller warned for the last time. This time their voice was cold as ice. The whole atmosphere changed. Coldness began surrounding the silhouette. They now hesitated, but chose not to mind the traveller.

"You have stepped to the wrong lands, little traveller, but don't worry, your travelling will end here," the silhouettes sang before they all dived towards them like angry ghost dive towards their prey.

Somethings flashed in the air and all the silhouettes froze as strings wrapped around them. The traveller hadn't even moved. Only their dark cloak's helm was moving with the air that had moved with the silhouettes and strings.

"I warned you, but you didn't listen to me," they sighed and snapped their fingers. The sound of their middle finger hitting their thump cut the air a second before it got filled with the silhouettes screaming as they died.

The silhouettes disappeared out of existence and silence fell over the dark forest.

"Tsk, what an idiotic creatures," the traveller hummed before turning around. They continued walking deeper into the forest with no care about the dangers that were lurking in the shadows.

They could hear the whispers of the creatures of the darkness.

"A demon! A demon is passing by! Bad! It's bad!" the creatures whispered to each other in their own languages. Now they knew that the traveller was stronger than all of them together.

          The forest continued for hours with nothing new anywhere in sight. It really looked like it was just a circle that had no exit, but the traveller knew the place. They knew the way they had to walk and didn't worry about getting lost. They knew the forest looked like an endless maze, but it was easy to pass by if you knew where you were going.

The creatures in the shadows kept whispering, but they knew that they were stronger than the creatures. They didn't have to worry about them either. The place was deadly, but the traveller had nothing to worry about.