14| Go Down On Me

Author's POV

Author's POV.

Jennie's thoughts before the scene..

At the party, music blares and laughter rings, everyone is dancing and having fun, but my heart is heavy as it sings; of a love that I have yet to run.

I see her in the back, by the pool,
with someone else. My mind begins to assume, that you'll never know how I felt. But as the night wears on, and the drinks flow freely, my inhibitions are gone, and I confess to you, nearly.

He reaches you, and you hold back not connecting your fist to his face.

You look surprised but pleased when I pull you away, away from the crowd, away from them, and away from him. We dance the night away, my heart is light and eased, as we greet the dawn of a new day.

The party may have been the catalyst, but it was my love for you that made me speak, now I can finally rest, knowing my heart is no longer weak.

As I spin you away.

On another episode of Jennie simping for Lisa..

Play the song.

Jennie

There's just something about Lisa.

While I push her back against the bed, I'm reminded of the sanity that overcomes my body—the way loving someone can be an entitled act of running away or embracing it, leaves me speechless.

Were we going to do this?

Us?

Not in a hundred years did I think it will happen. Not until I sunk deeper into the edges. "Jennie".

She whispers.

"You're driving me crazy".

I chuckled, "Me? I'm not even doing anything".

Her eyes glow with something that made my breath hitch, the echo of her eyes that blink my way, reminded of a warmth I've never known. How odd is this feeling?

Her arms enclose against my lower back to pull me down to her, Lisa smiles, reminding me of how much power her eyes and smile have over me. "You're doing everything by simply existing, Jen. You make my heart feel so full..", She paused, her smile never leaving—but it left as soon as our eyes were in sync, like the sight before her struck her.

"Content of everything that consumes you and your name". The unexpected happens, as she rolls us over so she's on top of me.

"Such a sweet talker". I managed to get out, "Do you say this to every girl you're trying to get in bed?".