03| Bad Habits

Jennie

Jennie

Ever since yesterday, I've been ignoring Lisa's calls and messages. Somewhere, I loved the attention and the way she would rush to me when she knows that I'm upset. But, I had the most mixed feelings about the new transfer and the way Lisa carried the conversation like I wasn't there to cheer for her. My efforts were met with nothing but ignorance.

Here I am, making my way to my locker to get my books, as it gets slammed gently. I look up and was met with confused doe eyes.

Lisa tried to study my face, to understand why I walked away but isn't it obvious?

"Jen? What's wrong?".

"Nothing".

"Don't bullshit me, Jen". She frowned, "You've ignored all my calls and text messages".

I put on an act, pulled my phone out, and gasped, "Oh, really?". I then put my phone away and glared at her, "Maybe I did that for a reason, Lisa-ya".

"And what would that be?".

I rolled my eyes, and to my luck the bell rang, indicating that everyone should be in their class. "Guess, I gotta get going".

I started making my way to class, but I wasn't going to be left alone, cause the next thing I knew, was that Lisa followed and walked beside me.

While carrying her books without glancing my way.

"What are you doing?". I asked in confusion.

"What? I'm getting to class". She answered.

"Isn't your class the other way?—y'know what? Forget about it". I realized that we have the same class for the day.

Mister Wilson.

I almost called him Mister Dickson, one time in class, by accident.

When I made it—no, when we made it. I made sure to sit the furthest away from everyone's eyes, knowing it was going to be a long day.

Lisa sat beside me, I sighed to myself, unpacked my bag, and tidied my desk before placing my book down.

Dusty ass desks.

Not even five minutes into class, I feel someone shift beside me and poke my hand that was resting on the table.

Lisa.

I wanted to smack her with my book but realized how violent that would be. Violence is an act of criminals, and I'm not a listed one yet.

She opened her bag and my eyes widened at the sight of the bottle of vodka. What is this crazy fool thinking?

A whole bottle of vodka, in school.

"What the fuck". I cursed under my breath.

"Want some?". She grinned at me, almost evilly.