13| Another Party, Another Fight

Author's POV

Author's POV

What's the cliché way of describing high school to some? Is it the phase of partying hard, drinking alcohol, and getting into trouble? Or, perhaps is it staying at home and not going out with friends? In that word, lies two definitions of fun, but not when it comes to the group of friends who have shown their popularity over the years.

At least this was another party, and how can fun prevail without some drama?

Am I right, or am I right?

Cue the intro!

Jennie

On another episode of me hating men..

"Would you like to have wine someday?".

Charleston, a man who named himself after the Capital of West Virginia—waves his up around like he's running for congress, and assumes I would be bowing for his majesty by now. 

Some transfer students get on my nerves.

"Wine? Why is that?".

He smiles and sips his drink, leaning closer, "You look like the type to drink wine".

I leaned even closer, mirroring his expression in sarcasm, ".. And to break someone's nose".  His smile dropped as he pulled away, adjusting his suit, and who fucking wears a suit at a party full of horny teens—I meant peeps?

He shrug his head and was on his way, but don't feel fooled, ladies and gentlemen, as much as I was about to sigh in relief, the next man was on his way, and this time, holding a beer.

"Jennie? Dude, you're one sexy geek".

"Tell me something new". I avoided eye contact because his breath was catching me off guard and rubbing me off in the wrong ways.

"Did you know that I once broke my wrist by trying to finger—".

"Please, for your safety and my sanity, stop". I covered my ears, what sort of weirdos do those rich people invite to parties?

"Damn, didn't pick you for a sensitive salmon".

"I'm sorry, what?".

"A sensitive salmon".

"Feel free to fish your way out of here". I said most calmly, but he raised his beer proudly, "A man gotta respect the rejection, no matter how alpha—".