09| Here With Me

A/N: This is going to be more of a soft chapter for my fluffy readers

Lisa

I like her.

Fuck, how can I hide from the beauty that I see every day? I pretended to not have a crush on her for so long. But, just like any other telenovela—I meant story, my best friend was oblivious, or maybe she sensed it, perhaps even, she assumed my flirtatiousness was a mandatory thing to do since I've been that way forever.

After a long walk together, here we are, by the beach, sitting together.

And, I've seen it all.

The wounds her heart holds.

Healing her wounds was a long and arduous process, but I was determined to make my best friend see her worth. Jennie was my soft woman, and I wanted to make sure she knew how much I cared for her.

We spent many days in school, stressing over our lives and forgetting about taking a break even for once. Ever since we got here, I found myself giving her longing stares, hoping she would understand how much I wanted to help her. I would hold her hands and hug her, and she would cry into my shoulder. "Why can't life be this easy?".

"How so, pumpkin?".

I'm a sucker for her.

If only she knew.

"Like how everything feels easy when I'm with you". She blurted out without even noticing the way her words had an effect on my heart.

I chuckled, "I'm glad my presence can make you feel at ease". I wiped her tears as she pouted and leaned her head back on my shoulder, I admitted, "Your presence does the same to me, Jen".

"Really?".

I would tell her, "Of course, you're different".

I wanted to be the remedy for her broken heart. Her struggles have become mine by now, and this is how sincere my feelings for her were.

Her lovely brown eyes would look up at me, and I would wonder if I would be the one to help her heal.

I could see the defeated sighs in every breath, I wanted to make her feel better.

And so we carried on, with me silencing her sadness from reaching her.

We would build sandcastles together, and I would run in the sand and tickle her. Her healing presence was so calming, and I would tell her, "We can make it, together."

I could see the nervous look in her eyes, but I would give her a soft gaze and tell her, "You're the healing to my wounds, so let me help you, pumpkin".

"You're insufferable".

I laugh, "By calling you pumpkin? Oh, please, you adore me".

"Not when your ego is up your ass". She tried to defend the blush on her face, but I saw it.