Picnic Spy

I take a bite from one of the bento boxes Knuckles made and was overwhelmed with the flavor. "Wow Knuckles this is so good!" I said my green eyes widen. "Thanks Ames I learned how to make these in both traditional and modern ways when I went to Japan to visit my cousin and her husband." He said proudly. "Well they taught you well this is delicious beats my homemade jerky I brought." Shadow said in defeat. "Well I would like to learn how to do that when I go camping with my dad and my brother next summer because that was good." Knuckles smiled at him. "So have you two picked a place for a weekend getaway next week?" Rouge said taking a bite of the sour plum in her rice. "Yeah actually we thought we should go the Star Hill Cave." Shadow said. Knuckles pulls out the brochure. "Every picture in here doesn't do much justice because when we went after college it was breathtaking and more beautiful than the pictures." He said. "Knuckles and I already booked the cabin and tour." Shadow said sipping on his bourbon. "Cool! I just can't wait!" I said smiling. "I actually have a surprise for you when we get there" Knuckles whispered in my ear. I started giggling when all of a sudden knuckles pulls me close behind him just as something big fell out of the tree and all over our food splattering it all over us. Knuckles got it worst then me since he pulled me behind him. We all look down in anger at the figure laying in the middle of our picnic. "SONIC WHAT THE FUCK MAN?!" Knuckles yelled pulling sonic to his feet. Sonic wipes off some rice and vegetables off of him. "Nothing I was just napping in the tree then I guess the branch broke under me." He said but Knuckles looks at him with his arms crossed. "The truth" Knuckles said sternly. Sonic sighed he knows that knuckles can tell if he's lying. They known each other since they were 9 years old after all. Sonic rubs the back of his neck and pulls out a cucumber slice from his quills. "Hehe" "Sonic the truth now" Knuckles growled. "Ok fine I was spying on you and Amy ok!" Sonic confessed. Knuckles uncrossed his arms and places his hand on his hips gritting his teeth. "You were what?!" Shadow yelled. "I just wanted to make sure Amy was ok!" "Of course she's ok she with me and two other friends! What now that I'm with her you think I'm gonna be some asshole boyfriend to her or something?!" Knuckles demanded. "That's not what I meant!" Sonic said with his hands up and mumbled. "Maybe a little" I watch Knuckles eyes go from anger to a bit hurt. "Wow ok sonic I see how it is." He walks away from him. "Knux......" "Sonic shut up and leave." Rouge said pointing away from us. I don't know what came over me but I felt the palm of my hand connect to the side of his face. "Sonic your such a jerk! I can't believe you done this!" I yelled furious. "Amy's I just wanted to protect you!" He yelled back. "From who?! Your best friend who's been treating me good and making me happy while the guy I use to have a crush on played with my heart!" "Use to?" "Yes use too! I given up on you Sonic and found someone I can truly be happy with! Someone that you also have hurt because you think he's going to hurt me! Well it's the exact opposite! I still want to be your friend but right now I don't want to look at you! Goodbye Sonic!" I said as I walked away down the hill joining Knuckles. "Let's go babe" I said putting on my helmet. He does the same and we sped off.
I pulled up to Amy's house dropping her off. "I'm sorry Amy" I said cutting the engine. "Knuckles you don't have to be sorry Sonic ruined it for all of us." She said with a smile. "Want to come inside I don't have to leave for another couple hours" she said. "No Ames you get ready to spend Saturday night with the girls. I can come by in the morning and take you to Wild Eggs if you want." I smile. "I would like that very much" she smiled giving me a kiss. "Have fun and be safe tonight." I said "I will babe" she replied with a smile walking into her house.

I start up the engine and head home.