Chapter 5 // Aftermath

I'm bacccckkkkk...

Karleigh

There I laid naked, breathless, and honestly very tired from trying to figure out how to shift back into a regular freaking human being. I glanced at the clock and realized that I had been at it for 2 hours now, seeing as it was already 2:00pm. In that time, I had not thought of food once. I had not thought of the fact that I was actually a werewolf. The only thing on my mind was...WHERE IS JAX AND WHY IS HE NOT HERE WITH ME?!

I needed him here. I don't know why though, part of me wanted to stay away or even run away, but something from within made me stay. Made me want to be with Jax in every way one could ever possibly imagine.

It wasn't normal, perhaps I was becoming obsessed with this man like I had with the Jonas Brothers, Zac Efron and every other semi-attractive male celebrity with a pulse.

He is our mate.

I knew that was my wolf, maybe she was the one making me stay. But no matter how much I wanted to deny it, I knew she was right.

Jax (I've been waiting for this moment *smirks)

I hated the fact that I just left her there all alone when she needed me most. She probably hates me right now. But I was incapable of seeing her as that cute little pup she is...my wolf was going insane, practically begging me to let him out and claim her as mine. It also didn't help that I could smell her arousal from a mile away.

If you could smell it so could all of the other unmated males.

Shit.

I ran up the million flights of stairs to get to my bedroom. Our bedroom. Where Karleigh was, and hopefully no one else. Once I got to the door, I could feel her struggling and it pained me so much. I knew she had finally shifted back but still, any wolf's first shift was more painful after the fact than during.

I opened the door slowly peering in as I checked the room for any horn dogs out there trying to mate with my girl. Nothing.

"JAX! Where did you go?" She screamed at me while she was still naked on my bed. The sight for lack of better words, turned me on.

"I- uh- I didn't realize you were uhm that you didn't have clothes on." I stuttered.

"I. Uhm. Huh. Whut? Shut up Jax, I'm a freaking wolf!" She was now standing in front of me with the sheets wrapped around her body.

I knew she was making fun of my stuttering but I can't think clearly when she is near, let alone naked and aroused.

"I know you're pissed-" I began.

"Damn straight"

"But I have to tell you something before it's too late."

"What? That I'm a werewolf? Because I think you missed that opportunity." She turned back around to face the window across the way, slowly opening the sheer curtains to let in even more light.

"No, it is my fault I had not been the one to tell you about our kind, and I am extremely sorry for that. However, you are being very hormonal right now because-"

Once again I was interrupted. "HORMONAL? No. I'm not being hormonal Jax. I just turned into a dog and then back into a human without any warning. This is not an unusual reaction for any human."

Even when she was angry at me and the world, I was still the happiest man alive to know that she was mine.

"You are not just any human Karleigh. You're a werewolves. More importantly my Luna. But, like any other female werewolf since you just shifted, you are going to go into heat soon."

"What's heat?" Little did she know.

"It is a two week semi-annual time lapse where the female wolf needs to complete the mating process with her mate. If they have already done so, it is a time for the female wolf to fall pregnant and carry an heir for her mate. You will go into this sometime in the next week."

"You're kidding me." She looked at me as if I had 4 heads.

"I am not."

"How do we complete the mating process?"

"Well, it starts with me claiming you as my own. Then we must have sexual intercourse for the Mood Goddess to see our mating as complete in her eyes."

"Is it painful? The heat." She looked at me through glossy eyes and I could only imagine what pain she was going through right now. In a matter of days her entire world flipped upside down.

"Yes. Very"

---------------------------
Sorry for the long wait it has been forever!!!!!
Updates:
1.02k reads😊 thanks so much!!!!
Barça won against Espanyol!!!

As always please continue to read, share, comment, vote!!!