"Right, from what Kobe tells you, you already make him happy. You made him forget all about whatever shawty name is" Makenna said.

Lai smiled slightly "Look! you even smile more buttercup. Before him, I could barely get a smile out of you now you be cheesing. Laughing more, you even go to sleep well when you are with him but still." Sha pointed out.

She was right, Lai does smile way more than she used to. She has been healing better since she met him. She also was getting some sleep. Only when he was on the phone or he was next to her tho.

"It's too late now, my childish ass already fucked up by running away" She shook her head. She still can't believe that at her big age, she did that. She panicked and did the first thing that came to mind.

"No it's not, call him girl! He stressin' everyone out tryna get in contact with you" Makenna chuckled.

"I don't want to do it over the phone." She sighed.

"I'on think I can, though I'm scared. What if- Aht! stop trying to overthink. When we get back to Dallas, you're talking to him" Sha cut her off for even starting that what if stuff.

Lai bit her lip "I know it's scary and it's been a while since you felt this way but don't be a pussy and run away from it. Let it happen, this might be the best thing that happened to you. You're ready for this so let it happen" Sha advised.

"You think I'm ready?" Lai asked.

Sha smiled "I know you are, just like you know you are."

Lai took a deep death and nodded. "I didn't even open the gift he got me. He probably wants it back now" She chuckled, grabbing her purse.

"Girl I did! These bitches can't tell me anything with this Louis Vuitton purse!" Makenna yelled. They laughed.

"Open it" Sha said, look at the small gift bag.

"I can't, he told me to call him when I do"

"Gir- you did a lot of things you wasn't supposed to do. Open the damn gift" She fussed.

Lai chuckled, pulling the small velvet box out of the bag. Her jaw dropped when she saw that ring.

"DAMN! you haven't even put it on him yet and he's tryna to get married!" Sha said, looking at the ring in awe

"Lemme see!" Makenna said, Sha took the ring out of Lai's's hand, as she stared into space, lost of words.

"Damn!" Makenna exclaimed "Hell nah, Kobe gon' have to see me. Where is my ring at?"

"It's a note inside," Sha said, when she saw the paper inside of the bag. Lai took a deep breath, already overwhelmed before opening the note.