What did I do wrong...?

A/N: Quick heads up Briar's middle name is Sybill so that's why there will be more nicknames that are unfamiliar.

Briar woke up the next morning feeling happy and content. Little did she know that the happiness she was feeling wouldn't last long. 

She went down stairs and grabbed a book, she sat down on the couch. She heard footsteps coming down, she looked up from her book.

 "Good Morning , Lyn" she said to the teenager that was walking down the stairs. "Morning, Syb" Carolyn walked over to Briar and layed down on the couch, putting her head on her lap. Briar smiled, she gently brushed her fingers through her hair as she read to her.

"My heart has made it's mind up, and I'm afraid it's you. Whatever you have lined up, my heart has made it's mind up and if you can't be sign up this year, next year will do. My heart has made it's mind up and I'm afraid it's you." the tranquility in her voice was soothing. It could make the most strongest person weak at the knees. 

Julia was listening from her doorway, she couldn't do anything but close her eyes and listen. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------

"If you really aren't going to cooperate then-" Angelique pulled out a photo from her pocket. Julia gasped at the picture, her hand flew to her mouth. It was a picture of her and Barnanabas kissing. "HOW THE HELL DID YOU GET THAT!?" Julia yelled at her fearful of what she might do with it. "I don't know if you know this, but Briar has a little bit of trust issues...and I can make her hate you with just one picture..."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

"Barnabas? What are you doing here?" Julia furrowed her eyebrows in confusion. " I could say the same thing Julia." he said looking at her. "I got a letter from someone asking me to meet them here." he continued. "same...that's odd..." they both tried thinking of someone who would do this. Little did they know they were being watched. Angelique snickered from behind a pole. She waved her hands in the air and controled their bodies. Angelique made them crash their lips into a very passionate looking one. Barnabas's hand cupped her face while the other on her waist. Julia's hands were on his chest. Angelique giggled maniacally, she snapped a photo and released them from their enchantment while they were in the middle of this little make-out session. She ran away quickly, Julia and Barnabas's eyes shot open. "WHAT THE HELL!?" They both said in unison. They turned their heads to see a woman running away. They looked at each other eyes wide, "what just happened..." his face turned paler if that was even possible. Julia's eyes turned red with tears, she couldn't believe she had just betrayed Briar. Barnabas gave her a hug knowing what she was thinking. He petted her head as she buried her head into his shoulder. 

——————————————————————————————

It was time for Brunch and Julia walked downstairs without saying 'good morning' or looking at Briar at all. 

She went into the Dining room and sat down in her usual spot. Briar sat down and smiled at Julia, she did not return the favor however. Briar also went to hold her hand, but Julia moved it away quickly. They spent all Brunch not making any contact with each other. 

It had been 4 hours and it was 4:21 Julia had successfully ignored Briar. Briar had spent most of the day with Carolyn, she had forced her self to laugh and act like she was happy. That was one of Briar's many talents, acting was one she used often. She acted like she was happy with herself, she acted like she trusts a lot of people, she acted like her heart wasn't broken. But, the truth was she hated herself for killing people for their blood, and she doesn't trust a lot of people because she's scared to get hurt again. And most of all her heart is broken.

 Some days she had anxiety, and some days she was depressed. But, sometimes she got both. Having Anxiety and Depression was like being scared and tired at the same time, it's the fear of failure but no urge to be productive. It's wanting friends but hate socializing, it's wanting to be alone but not lonely. It's feeling everything at once then feeling paralyzing numb.

"Hey Carolyn I'm gonna go see Julia real quick." Briar stood up as Carolyn nodded and smiled at her. She headed down the stairs and walked to another set of stairs, only the to find Julia. "Hey Julia what are you-" Briar was about to ask her question when Julia cut her off rudely. "Not right now, Briar! I'm busy." She retorted in a unfriendly manner. Briar was a bit startled but decided to keep going. " Hey...Julia are you-" Briar got cut off again, but this time Julia yelled. "will you shut up!" Julia gave her a look of anger. Briar stopped in her tracks as Julia whipped around and yelled at her. "WHY ARE YOU SO CLINGY, HUH? WHY ARE YOU SO ANNOYING IN EVERY WAY POSSIBLE?" Briar flinched at Julia's harsh voice. "I'm sorry I didn't know-" Briar was about to ask something when Julia cut her off again. "OF COURSE YOU DIDN'T KNOW, YOU DON'T KNOW ANYTHING! SO WILL YOU JUST SHUT UP FOR ONCE AND GET AWAY FROM ME! YOUR A HORRIBLE PERSON YOU KILL PEOPLE FOR YOUR OWN BENEFIT! I ABSOLUTELY HATE YOU! GET OUT OF MY SIGHT!" Julia yelled as if her life depended on it. Julia tried her best to not cry in front of the girl in front of her. 

Briar's hand flew to her mouth, she sobbed and ran away quickly. She ran out of the house not knowing where she was headed. The next thing she knew she was right outside of Angelique's office. Knock knock. Angelique opened the door and acted surprised, "Love? What are you doing here?" Angelique pulled Briar into a hug to which Briar quickly accepted. Briar buried her face into Angelique's chest, she cried,sobbed, and whimpered profusely. "Who did this to you? You can tell me..." Angelique pulled away and cupped her face. "j-Julia.." she stuttered due to her sniffles. You could see the mascara trailing down her cheeks. Angelique wiped them away swiftly, "This might be a bad time but..."Angelique pulled out a photo from her pocket and showed to Briar. Her eyes widened in terror, how could Julia do this to her. And with her brother!? Briar had given Barnabas a second chance only for him to throw it all down the drain. Tears were visible in her eyes, she wanted to cry but it hurt too much.

"Would you want to stay with me for a while?" Angelique asked knowing the answer she was going to receive. "Mhm" the girl nodded. "I'll drive you back to the mansion and you can grab your things, is that alright with you?" She held her face stroking it softly. "Mhm, thank you" she said quietly and kissed Angelique. Angelique smiled into the kiss and pushed her against the desk, she snaked her arms around the girls waist. She reluctantly pulled away, "we will continue this later, love" she winked as she helped her down and gave her one last peck on the lips. They walked hand in hand to the car and drove to the mansion.