To Keep Her Safe

Briar had spent the whole afternoon without Julia. She wanted Julia in her arms again, much has happened over the past 3 days. They have made many memorable moments, one of the most memorable being when they opened gifts. Julia had given her a bracelet for her gift, and Briar gave her a necklace.

—————————————————————————————————

Julia's gift:

Briar's gift:

Briar's gift:

Everyone opened their gifts very happily, but they all had noticed that one was still left under the tree

Everyone opened their gifts very happily, but they all had noticed that one was still left under the tree. No one knew who it was from but it had been addressed to Briar.

The mystery gift:

Briar smiled at who could've possibly had given her this gift

———————————————————————————

Julia had finally made it back home successfully without crashing the car. She called to Briar and she giggled as she heard the woman racing out her room, and down the stairs to greet her love. "Julie!" She said giving Julia's lips a soft peck. "How was your day?" She said looking at her. "I didn't do much...can we cuddle I'm really tired!" Briar buried her face into the crook of Julia's neck. Adorable... she thought to herself as she picked the younger woman bridal style into her bedroom. She closed the door softly, she walked over to the bed and placed her softly onto the bed. Julia soon got into bed as well, she pulled Briar closer to her putting her chin on her head. Julia put her arms around her waist as Briar snuggled into her chest. Julia drifted to sleep.

Julia woke up to find that Briar was not next to her. A sudden wave of worry ran through her body, What if something happened to her? She thought but shoved the thought away when she saw a letter on the nightstand. Julia grabbed the letter and read it.

𝐷𝑒𝑎𝑟 𝐽𝑢𝑙𝑖𝑎,

𝐼 𝑘𝑛𝑜𝑤 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑚𝑖𝑔ℎ𝑡 𝑏𝑒 𝑤𝑜𝑟𝑟𝑖𝑒𝑑 𝑎𝑠 𝑡𝑜 𝑤ℎ𝑦 𝐼'𝑚 𝑔𝑜𝑛𝑒. 𝐵𝑢𝑡, 𝑑𝑜𝑛'𝑡 𝑤𝑜𝑟𝑟𝑦 𝐼'𝑚 𝑠𝑜𝑚𝑒𝑤ℎ𝑒𝑟𝑒 𝑠𝑎𝑓𝑒. 𝑀𝑒𝑒𝑡 𝑚𝑒 𝑎𝑡 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑐𝑎𝑓𝑒́ 𝑎𝑡 9:30.

𝐿𝑜𝑣𝑒 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑏𝑢𝑛𝑐ℎ𝑒𝑠,

𝐵𝑟𝑖𝑎𝑟

----------------------------------------------------------

Julia looked at the clock and saw it was 9:20 she scrambled to her feet. She quickly put on her clothes and rushed out the door. She didn't care about the ice and just got in the car. She drove to the cafe and didn't see Briar anywhere, she decided to walk around and see if she might be somewhere else. She ended up in the forest behind the Collins Fishing Fleet and Cannery. She heard a snapping twig and whipped around, she heard maniacal laughter from the bushes. Julia kept walking backwards until her back hit the tree. She could hear the person running through the bushes and the snapping of twigs. "Who's there?" Julia called out eyes wide with terror as the person emerged from the shadows. "Hoffman..." Angelique growled, her face bitter like she had just ate salt.

"Bouchard..." Julia scoffed, she glared at her. "what do you want?" Julia rolled her eyes. "I want you to get away from my girlfriend!" Angelique shoved her against the wall holding up a blade to her neck. "she's not your girlfriend! She doesn't even love you" Julia started to get a bit heated. "oh, but you forget...I know exactly how to control her..." Angelique whispered this into Julia's ear on purpose to anger her further. "YOU LITTLE-" Julia was about to strike a blow when Angelique caught her arm. "tsk, tsk, tsk, You never learn, do you? It's either you give her up or, she can suffer the consequences..." Julia's arm went limp. Is she serious? Julia stood in a frozen rage. Angelique smirked, "Goodnight~..." she said in a sickly sweet tone. Julia stood there not knowing what to do anymore. She loved Briar, and couldn't see her hurt... She knew what she needed to do.