73. The Spy

September 6th, 2015

I was currently sitting in the stands watching the Gryffindor quidditch tryouts with Hermione, Lavender, and Neville when I heard my name being yelled

"Persefoni Romanoff! Come with me!" I followed the sound of the voice to see Umbrige standing with Minnie and Snape with a angry look on her face.

"Uh oh..." Neville whispered as I got up and walked over to them.

"Is there a problem?" I asked confused but she didn't answer as she turned and made her way to the castle.

"What's happened?" I whispered to Snape and McGonagal.

"It's nothing good." Snape sighed as Minnie placed her hand on my shoulder and we followed after Umbrige.

⭐️🖤⭐️

"Wait, wait, wait! I haven't even been near her since last term. I didn't do this." I exclaimed as I sat in McGonagal's office with Snape, Umbrige, Pomfrey, Millicent, Tracy, Astoria, and Pansy. The latter of the group nursing a wound on her cheek that she claims I caused.

"So you say! There were witnesses!" Umbrige countered an I looked over at Minnie for help.

"Be that as it may, Persefoni has not only showed no signs of violence within these walls, she has remained at the top of her class and she is an excellent student." Snape spoke before Minnie had the chance too.

"Who's to say this isn't a recurring thing and she's just threatening other students to lie on her behalf? She can control the mind after all." Umbrige said.

"Besides, we saw her! She went right up to Pansy in the corridor and cornered her." Astoria exclaimed an I shook my head.

"I didn't I swear. I would never-"

"Hurt an innocent person? Were the hundreds of deaths you caused not innocent people? Surly you don't think your word is good as gold here. These girls have absolutely nothing to gain from lying to me." Umbrige said cutting me off an I almost cried.

"I didn't do this, there has to be something I can do to prove to you. I've done nothing wrong, I-"

"This is just what I feared. I'll have to report you to the Ministry immediately, you won't get away with another crime. I'll see to it!" Umbrige said before getting up and storming out of the room.

"I-"

"She didn't do this. An I demand you tell me what really happened this instant." Snape said glaring at the Slytherin girls as they nervously shifted in there seats.

"She could go to Azkaban for this, are you not aware of that? Or is it that you just don't care?" He asked and Astoria caved.

"Fine! Fine! She didn't do anything wrong. We just wanted to get her in trouble but we didn't think she'd be kicked out of Hogwarts or anything. It's was all in good fun." She explained and my head snapped to the side as I glared in their direction.