28. Bad Dreams

"Let me get this straight. Sirius Black escaped from Azkaban to come after you?" Ron asked shocked an I had an uneasy feeling in my stomach. What if he really was guilty and he tricked me? Do I turn him in? But if he wanted to hurt Harry he would have gone with me to the Dursley's. And he's been so kind, what if it's a ploy, no because that would mean I feel for it and missed his tells and I never miss a tell.

"But they'll catch Black, won't they? I mean... eventually?" Hermione asked pulling me out of my thoughts an I immediately nodded

"Without question. We just have to have a little faith in the right people." I mumbled gently squeezing Harry's hand before I let go.

Please be the right person Sirius.

"Sure. Of course, no one's ever broken out of Azkaban before and he's a raving, murderous lunatic..." Ron said with an uneasy look on his face.

"But they'll find him. No guilty person can escape justice forever, it's not possible." I said as the compartment rattled a bit and the train started to slow down.

"Why're we stopping? We can't be there yet..." Hermione asked rhetorically as she checked her watch. Harry leaned over and pulled the door open as he looked down the train corridor. I looked out over Harry's shoulder to see several other people doing the same. One by one all the lights on the train began to flicker before they went out completely.

"What's going on?" Ron asked as I leaned back into my seat.

"I think we broke down." I shrugged but still looking around extremely alert. When I exhaled I could see my breath as a cloud of smoke in the air. That's not good. I leaned against Ron who wrapped his arm around me as I held his hand. My eyes still looks from side to side in efforts to stay completely vigilant and aware of my surroundings.

"There's something moving out there. I think... people are coming aboard." Ron said looking out the window as my thoughts immediately filled with every possible bad scenario. What if it's the Widows? What if it's Hydra? What if it rogue Shield agents? What if it's all of them and they're coming to take me away? What if it's The Asset and he's going to kill us all?

My mind was reeling with various possibilities as the train shook violently then the compartment righted itself. I could hear a steady vibration around me as I closed my eyes in an attempt to hear what was going on outside of the compartment.

"Bloody Hell...what is happening?!" Ron asked panicked as he pulled me closer to him. His voice almost sounding far away as I was still trying to listen for any sounds that shouldn't be there.

"Don't. Move." A stern voice whispered and my eyes snapped open to see the Professor Lupin was sitting up. Out of the corner of my eye I saw a large hooded figure in the doorway as the door was slowly pulled open. I could hear Crookshanks hissing angrily and Scabbers frantically sqeauling but I couldn't make out what they were saying as my vision suddenly went black.

Screams

"Spare my life! Please I beg. I have a family. I have children!" A blonde woman covered in blood cried as I held her by her hair

Hurried footsteps

"Persefoni you know what to do." Madame B. said sternly as she put a gun in my hand

Gun fire

"Kill them. The weak must die." A hydra Solider yelled

The distinct sound of knives piercing skin

The familiar buzz of my widow baton as I charged it up

Jumbled please from my friends at the red room when I knew it was me or them