"Has she told you why she doesn't like motorcycles?" Sam spoke up, and if anyone knew the reasoning behind it, it would be her.

"No, she just said she doesn't like them and doesn't want me riding one."

"She doesn't really like to talk about it, she hasn't mentioned him in years. Her knowing you had one probably just re opened old wounds," she half explained Jen's reasoning for her hatred.

"He?" I questioned.

"Our uncle Paul, my mum's younger brother. He died in a motorcycle accident when I was twelve. Jen would have been about sixteen or something when it happened. Her and uncle Paul were extremely close because they were only ten years apart in age.

They would go out together all the time. If he needed to go somewhere, she would be his first option. They were pretty inseparable, she was the closest to him out of all of my family. She took his death the worst, we haven't really lost anyone else yet touch wood, but seeing my sister during that time, I hope to God I never have to see her like that again.

I guess that's why she doesn't want you having a motorbike, because she thinks what happened to him could happen to you, and she doesn't want to lose someone else to a motorcycle accident."

It all made sense now, and my heart broke that I had no idea about any of this. I knew a lot about Jen's family, and about her past, but never this. I guess uncles and aunties never really came up in conversation.

"Shit, I've really messed up this time haven't I," I sighed, my heart breaking more and more for Jen, now knowing just how much I would have hurt her by going against her.

"You weren't to know! I mean a lot of girlfriends tell their boyfriends to get rid of their bikes, it's just a girlfriend thing to do. Just talk to her, but tread lightly. Whenever we mention him she kind of shuts down or attacks us," Sam warned me.

"Okay, thank-you for telling me Sam, and I'm sorry for your loss too," I hugged her.

"It's okay, it was a long time ago now I came to terms with it much easier than her. Good luck, if she starts throwing stuff at your head give me a shout, i'll stop her," she joked and I laughed at the idea of it.

I excused myself from the kitchen and made my way up the stairs, to my bedroom which I assumed she would be in. My assumptions were right, she was sitting on the bench along the window, looking out to the street.

The sun reflected off her tears as I got closer to her, and as much as it hurt to see her crying, I couldn't help but admire how beautiful she looked right now. The sun in her eyes and hair, her face was natural with no make up, she looked glowing. I guess this was what they were talking about with this whole pregnancy glow.

I took a seat beside her, taking her hand in mine reaching it up to my mouth. I held onto it, not intending to let it go unless she wanted me to. I didn't know how to approach this conversation, I didn't want to say the wrong thing and upset her further.

"Why did you lie to me?" She broke the silence, diverting her attention fully to me now.

"I didn't mean to lie to you, I just had my own reasons for wanting to keep it, but they seem so stupid now in comparison to the reasons why you wanted me to get rid of it."

She looked at me confused for a minute, trying to work out if I knew about her uncle or not I assumed.

"My reasons? You don't know the half of it! You probably just think I'm being over cautious or an annoying little girlfriend that doesn't want her boyfriend having a bike."

"Jen...I know," I gave her a knowing look, and her facial expression changed from crease lines filled with anger, to eyes filled with sadness again.