𝐇𝐨𝐩𝐞

My head was laying on Pope's lap as I slowly began drifting to sleep. His fingers stroked my hair, allowing me to relax even more than I already had been.

"Guys, we've gotta go!" Kie blurted.

I instantly shot up into a sitting position.

The sound of her voice shocked me a bit as the room had been nearly silent for quite some time.

"Why?" I asked. "What's going on?"

"I don't know, I just got a text from JJ that says:  SOS Fourth and Senece," She replied, grabbing her keys and bolting out the door.

"Goddammit, JJ," Pope muttered, following Kie outside.

We all got into the car and Kiara began speeding down the street.

"Does anyone know which way to go?!" Kie asked. "I don't know how to get there from here!"

"I do," Pope spoke up. "Take a left!"

The only problem was, Kie had already begun driving straight.

She instantly jerked the wheel upon hearing Pope's instructions and made a sharp left turn.

"Ow, shit Kie!" I groaned after being slammed into the side of the door.

"I'm sorry!" She apologized.

"Okay, take the next right," Pope instructed, pointing ahead of us.

Thankfully, the turn wasn't as rough as the first time, though we still jerked around a bit since Kiara was driving well above the speed limit.

"Just keep going straight on this road and it'll take you right to the intersection,"

Kiara nodded. "Yeah, okay,"

We were all flustered, not knowing what JJ could've gotten himself into.

I had a strong feeling it had to do with his ambulance plan though, considering it was about twenty minutes past eleven. Eleven o'clock being the time JJ's plan was supposed to progress.

"Kie, stop right here!" Pope yelled.

She must not have been paying attention to the street signs, because she was about to drive straight through the intersection JJ had told us to go to.

I looked out the window to see an ambulance speeding toward us, several cop cars following behind it.

Of fucking course.

Kiara slammed on the breaks just as the large vehicle approached us.

The breaks hissed and our bodies flung forward from the abrupt stop. I grunted as my face smashed into the seat in front of me.

"Fuck!" I groaned, grabbing my nose.

"Sorry!" Kie called out of her open window. "I'm so sorry!"

To my surprise, JJ wasn't the one driving the ambulance. It was some guy whom I had never seen before.

"Go! Get out of the road!" The man yelled in frustration.

"She just got her license," Pope lied.

"MOVE! Get your car out of the road!" The guy continued, his anger rising.

"It was an accident!" Kie said innocently. "I'm sorry!"

Looking out the back window, I saw JJ jump out of the back of the ambulance and begin sprinting away.

I gave a thumbs-up to Pope, with the hand that wasn't clutching my bleeding nose, to let him know that we were good to go.

He nudged Kie who then promptly rolled up her window and waved the man an apology.