𝐀 𝐒𝐭𝐚𝐫𝐲 𝐅𝐚𝐫 𝐀𝐧𝐚𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐢𝐊𝐞

We soon found ourselves in the middle of the ocean, no land in sight.

The sun had started to rise but it was still quite dark.

We were just barely able to see without the lights from the boat.

"Alright, this is the Gulf Stream. It's gonna take us north right home," John B told us, moving to the front of the boat to sit with Sarah and I. "How you guys doing?"

Sarah gave a soft smile. "Never better,"

"You know what I was thinking?" She said.

"What's that?"

"Let's get married,"

"Don't we need, like, a preacher or something?"

"I can be your preacher," I chimed in, smiling.

"Well, what about the rings?"

My sister shrugged. "What about rings?"

She smiled. "I mean, for future reference, I like princess cut. I like emerald cut. Never pear shape,"

I chuckled. "Jesus, Sarah,"

"I've got an idea," John B said, taking off his bandana and ripping off a small piece.

She gasped. "Princess cut! My favorite!"

"I give you this sweaty piece of my father's bandana as a token of my love,"

He tied the small piece of the bandana around her neck like a necklace.

"It's perfect," She smiled, grabbing both of John B's hands.

"John Booker Routledge, do you take this woman to be your lawfully wedded wife. Through sickness and in health, through rich and poor?" I asked.

He nodded. "I do,"

"Sarah Elizabeth Cameron, do you take this man to be your lawfully wedded husband. Through sickness and in health, through rich and poor?"

"I do," She replied.

"By the power vested in me, by the sky, the stars, and the sea, I now pronounce you husband and wife," I smiled. "Till death do you part,"

"Till death do us part," They echoed.

"You may kiss your bride," I declared.

They pressed their lips together for a moment, both grinning when they pulled apart.

"Can we get a dog?!" Sarah asked.

"Okay, Sarah. Let's just get home first," John B chuckled. "How about that?"

"Let's get a dog!" She beamed.

"A golden retriever!" I chimed in.

He laughed. "Okay..."

-

A beautiful orange hue filled the sky as morning dawned.

"Land!" Sarah grinned, spotting a coastline.

John B sighed. "Looks like a pretty big town,"

"Should we try to find somewhere less crowded?" I asked.

John B looked down to check the fuel then brought his attention back to us. "We're almost out of fuel. We don't have a choice,"

"That's okay," I said, as Sarah and I went up behind him. "What matters is that we made it,"

John B gave a soft smile, his eyes lightly tinged with tears. "We made it..."

We approached closer to land, allowing us to get a better look at the town.