𝐈'𝐥𝐥 𝐌𝐚𝐤𝐞 𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐏𝐫𝐨𝐮𝐝

John B and I immediately bent down next to Peterkin, helping her in any way we could.

John B found the bullet hole on Peterkin's shoulder and pressed his bandana down, attempting to stop the bleeding.

"Call," She wheezed. "Call for help,"

"Here, I got the bandana," I told John B.

He grabbed Peterkin's radio as I took over the job of stopping the blood, my body violently shaking as I did.

"HEY!" We heard.

We whipped our heads around, being met with the sight of Rafe pointing the gun at us.

"Don't try it, asshole," My brother spat.

"John B..." Ward began, approaching us. "John B, give me the radio,"

"No!" John B opposed.

"Give me the damn radio," My father repeated, reaching for it.

John B kept a firm grip on the radio, but Ward was easily able to pull it out of his trembling hands.

"Rafe, I've got the radio, calm down!" Ward tried to assure my brother. "Give me the gun!"

"Run," Peterkin told John B, her voice unable to reach past a whisper.

He shook his head. "I'm not leaving you,"

"Run!" She repeated.

"I-I'm sorry..." John B stuttered.

"I've got her," I assured. "Go,"

John B nodded, pushing himself off the ground and sprinting away.

Then, all hell broke loose.

Noticing John B trying to leave, my brother fired at him. Jumping up, I ran over to help my father and Sarah who were trying to stop Rafe.

Ward pleaded for my brother to put the gun down as the three of us tried to wrestle it away from him.

Eventually, our father was able to get the weapon away, allowing Sarah and I to tend to Peterkin.

"I'm sorry," My sister cried, holding the bandana over Peterkin's injury. "I'm so sorry,"

"It's not your fault, sweetie," Peterkin wheezed.

Glancing over at my father and brother, I realized that they were arguing.

"Aspyn..." Peterkin panted, making me snap my attention back to her. "Keep your promise,"

I nodded, sobbing even more than I was before. "I will. I'll make you proud,"

"You've...you've already- made me...proud, baby," She said through short, shallow gasps.

"Sarah, Aspyn..." Ward said, coming over to us.

"What?!" Sarah yelled.

"Listen, girls, I need you to-"

"NO!" She interrupted.

Ward huffed. "I need you guys to get up and-"

"Are you insane?!" I cried. "She's dying!"

"ENOUGH!" Ward screamed.

"What is wrong with you?!" Sarah yelled.

"Azzy...you're a great girl," Peterkin whispered. "You too, Sarah,"

Whenever I was little, Peterkin would also call me Azzy.

I was never fond of new people, or people I didn't know very well.