Chapter XVII: A Conqueror's Downfall

The plan was almost complete, with the guards now on their side, DeadEye took Audrey to BloodWolf's hut.

"Who is this, DeadEye," BloodWolf asked, sitting on her throne.

"This is NightHowl, BloodWolf. She has proven to be a great strategist and fighter. No one suspected that she would take down The Lost Wolves from the inside." DeadEye responded.

"She never informed us about this, wait. Remind me of your name."

"NightHowl," Audrey said.

"NightHowl."

BloodWolf's face lit up.

"It's a trap, GUARDS!"

The guards ran in with their spears pointed at BloodWolf.

"You got that right, it's a trap," Audrey said.

"She never told me about this," BloodWolf said. "But I guess I'll deal with you myself!"

BloodWolf got off of her throne and turned into her wolf form. She had fiery-red fur, with bright orange eyes. DeadEye also turned into his wolf form.

"Audrey! Why aren't you turning into your wolf form?"

"I have the silver handcuffs!"

BloodWolf heard this and charged at Audrey. BloodWolf clawed and bit Audrey until she was too weak to stand or breathe.

"You'll pay for that. I will not lose someone else I love!" DeadEye yelled.

"What are you gonna do about it? You're just a boy!"

DeadEye ran to Audrey's unconscious body and grabbed the cuffs. As he grabbed them, he turned back into his human form because his wolf form couldn't handle silver. He ran towards BloodWolf and dodged her mighty claw, put the silver handcuffs around her neck, and strangled her. BloodWolf turned back into her human form and DeadEye locked the handcuffs around her wrists. DeadEye grabbed BloodWolf's handcuffs so that she wouldn't escape, and ran towards Audrey.

"Audrey," DeadEye said while starting to cry.

Audrey slightly started to wake up

"Andrew, did we win?"

"Yes, Audrey. We won. I'll take you back to the village, they can help you."

"No. There are no healer wolves in the village."

"If my sister were still alive, you wouldn't be nearly dead, she was a healer. I can't lose you too."

"Take me back to the village, tell everyone what happened. Tell Alex that I love him."

Audrey lay on the ground dead.