Chapter IX: Old Friends, New Emotions

A few hours later, Audrey got ready for the date. A few minutes later, she heard a knock on the door. She opened the door, and Alex was standing there.

"Am I late?" He asked.

"No, not at all," Audrey replied.

"Are you ready?" Alex asked.

Audrey went outside with him and closed the door.

"Couldn't be more ready."

"You look beautiful," Alex said.

"You look amazing as well."

They went into Alex's car and went to the restaurant. They opened the door, and were greeted by the jukebox playing "I Love Rock 'N' Roll", they went up to the waitress.

"Do you have a reservation?"

"Yes, actually," Alex started, "Table for two under the name Alex Brown."

"Right this way please."

The waitress led Audrey and Alex to their table. They sat down and looked at the menu.

"Hehe," Alex started, "So, How have you been?"

"I've been fine, how have you been?"

"I've been better, this is my first date, like ever."

"Is it? I thought that with being famous, you would have all of the girls back in Minnesota."

"I never found the right one, until I came here to South Carolina," Alex told Audrey.

"I thought I met the right guy, but then, I moved here," Audrey said.

"Oh, I see."

"You know I mean you, right?" Audrey asked.

"No," Alex said.

"I thought I was the most unpopular person in the school," Audrey started, "and then, I met you."

Alex smiled, then they both looked over where the music was coming from.

"Why is the music so loud?" Alex asked.

Audrey looked at her watch.

"It's Friday night at ten P.M."

"What does that mean?" Alex asked.

"It's karaoke night!"

"I've never heard you sing before, not even in music class back in the tenth grade," Alex said.

"No, I'm not a singer."

The song ended and everyone clapped. The host of Karaoke night went up to the stage.

"Now, that was an amazing performance, let's give another round of applause to that family right there."

Everyone yet again gave applause.

"Now," everyone stopped applauding, "Who will be the next singer?"

The spotlight went around the room and eventually stopped on Audrey. She had put her hand above her head to stop the light from shining in her eyes.

"Well, a new face. Come on up here," the host told Audrey.

"Well, go on up," Alex told her.

Audrey stood up.

"Is it ok if I have a duet?" Audrey asked.

"Why not?" The host asked.

She looked at Alex

"What are you doing?" Alex asked.

"There's more than one passenger on this boat."

"I'm not good at singing."

"Neither am I, do you want to try?" Audrey asked.

Alex stood up, sort of ready, and nodded.

"Well, two new faces," the host said into the microphone.

They stayed at the table for just a little bit longer.

"So, what song are we singing?" Alex whispered in Audrey's ear.

"Haven't planned that far yet, and was hoping you would choose," Audrey whispered back.

"What? I can't do this."

"Too late to back out now."

"Fine, what do you think we should sing?"

"We haven't seen each other for a long time, so-"

"Time After Time?" Alex asked.

"Perfect! Now we actually have to sing it."

"Let's do it."

Audrey and Alex went up onto the stage.

"What song will you be singing?" The host asked.

"Time After Time, by Cyndi Lauper," Audrey said.

They sang Time After Time, and the audience gave a standing ovation. After the date, Alex brought Audrey home, and Audrey went to bed. Throughout the next two weeks, Audrey and Alex returned to Jesse's Joint twice a week, on Mondays, there was a weekly comic that always made Audrey and Alex laugh, and on Fridays, they would return for Karaoke Night.

***

Back in the village of The Red Wolves, DeadEye was pacing, and waiting for news about his sister. A messenger ran in, and DeadEye was expecting some news.

"Have you found her?" DeadEye asked.

"Unfortunately, yes," the messenger told him.

"And?"

"I'm sorry, DeadEye. The troops went through with it."

"She's gone?"

The messenger nodded his head.

"Is there any way that she-"

"DeadEye, I saw them kill her myself. No one could survive what happened to her."

"Please leave me," DeadEye told the messenger.

The messenger left the room. DeadEye looked out the window.

He told himself:

"The thought of losing the only family I had left is unbearable. Stephanie was right, The Red Wolves have gone too far for this power that was promised that they would do anything to get it. I must accept the fact that she is gone, but I can't do that without... REVENGE."