Chapter 14- The Key to the Floodgate of Emotions

A/N: Happy 2 years of BB Everyone! While BB may have ended, it will always be a special show for all of us. This story is just an attempt to keep BB alive for a little while longer. I hope our readers are also enjoying this journey with us!

Do let us know about your views through your votes and comments. They really mean a lot to us!

Love,

Ashley and Ayesha

-----------------

1st December 1942, Roy Chaudhary Haveli

Bondita was humming to herself, deliberately trying to distract herself from the commotion that occurred in the courtyard. Busying herself at work, she tried to tidy up her already tidied room as the noise coming from downstairs hit her ears.

While she had been the one to suggest that Batuk be introduced to Rudhir and Aaradhya, she had still been a bit apprehensive about whether or not the plan would work. However, peeking through her bedroom window for a small while, she had seen Batuk play with the babies. And now, hearing the excited shouts of the rest of the children was slowly easing her heart, bringing her apprehensions a notch down. She was mentally congratulating herself for a brilliant idea when a familiar voice interrupted her musings.

"Mujhse chhip rahi hou Bondita?"

Startled, Bondita turned towards the door to see Batuk leaning against the doorframe. Anirudh's shirt that she was folding dropped to the ground and her eyes widened as fear momentarily gripped her. However, immediately, she found Anirudh's words from the previous night echoing in her ears.

"Bondita, tumhare dil mien jo darr betha hua hain, woh buht natural hai. Lekin uss darr ko apni kamzori na bannay dena, yeh tumhare haath mien hai."

She drew strength from them, and taking a deep breath to calm herself down, she steeled her spine and trying to mask her discomfort, she indignantly asked him.

"Tum yahan kya kar rahe hou?"

Her momentary fear was not lost on Batuk. However, the sight of the brave and fearless Barrister Bondita Roy Chaudhary being afraid of him, if even for a moment, did not cause him pleasure like it would have a few weeks back. Instead, his heart clenched with guilt and he suddenly felt nervous, questioning his decision to come up here.

Fidgeting anxiously, he tried to deflect her. "Maine sawaal pehle poochha... "

Once her fear had settled down, Bondita was able to notice the signs that told her that Batuk was no danger to her.

First, his voice did not have the hiss and loathing that it had when they last spoke.

Second, while he was standing in the doorway, he made no moves to enter the room.

And finally the most important sign, Batuk was fidgeting, a sure sign of nervousness.

Her trepidation ebbed a little, and feeling a lot more composed now, she replied,

"Nahi... Mien kyun chhipungi? Ab mere sawaal ka jawaab..."

Without letting her complete her sentence, he asked, his voice hinting his impatience,

"Ager chhip nahi rhy thyn tou neeche kyun nahi ayi thyn tum? Neeche sab thay...almost poori family...lekin tum nahi thyn...Kyun?"

Batuk's question made Bondita hope that maybe, Batuk was getting over his irrational hatred for her.

Trying her best to not appear too hopeful though, she asked him,

"Tou tum isiliye upar aaye kyunki mien neeche nahi aayi?"