121-125

YGTWHV [121]

| |

Come to think of it, I didn't know if Lakis had gotten to Carnot already. Of course, even if I don't concern myself with it, he would take care of himself.

"So, did you see...I mean, did you learn anything?"

I felt Genos slowly taking his hand away, so I asked. Hearing that, a deep sense of melancholy arose on Genos' face.

"No...I didn't get anything."

It wasn't an ability that could be activated at will, so his attempt this time seemed to have ended in vain.

"Um, can I maybe try next time..."

"Sure, you can try again when you come next time."

Genos' entire body was shrouded in a gloomy aura as he spoke in a voice full of hesitation. Seeing his hesitation, I immediately realized what he wanted.

"Is that okay with you?"

It wasn't that much of a big deal, so I didn't really understand why he was mentioning it so carefully.

"I don't see why not. You're doing it for my own good."

After agreeing to it lightly, I tried to stand up from the table. When I pulled my arm back, the hand that was overlapping my own fell off till it was almost at my fingertips.

Clench.

But before our hands fully separated, Genos suddenly caught my hand and held it firmly.

Oh, what is it? Did he suddenly see something?

While thinking that, I lifted my head and looked at the person opposite me. And I was greeted with the sight of Genos staring straight at me in the same manner.

I could see his calm purple eyes peeking between the gaps of his scattered bangs.

Somehow, his eyes seemed to be swirling with emotions that were difficult for me to grasp. But soon enough, Genos lowered his eyes, so I wasn't able to see them for very long.

"I'm sorry, but can you bring me some sugar? I've been using my brain a lot lately, so I am craving something sweet."

He let go of my hand and smiled softly as if the strange atmosphere earlier had nothing to do with him. I replied to show that I understood, then I got up and left the table.

* * *

After downing the coffee with heaps of sugar, Genos quickly left the coffeehouse. He didn't say anything else but for some reason, I felt like he was strangely in more of a hurry than usual so I figured he must be quite busy today.

Or maybe it was something else?

...I hope it wasn't related to me.

I remember how he hurried out of the coffeehouse after seeing my face last time so even though Genos' behavior could be described as minor, I still felt suspicious.

"Ms. Yuri, we'll get going first then."

After Genos left, Anne-Marie and Hestia also got up from their seats.

"Alright. Be careful on the way."

The number of customers had reduced, and the store was somewhat quiet, so I went outside to see them off myself.

"I think the blonde oppa is better."

Right then, Hestia who had been staring blatantly at me from beside Anne-Marie blurted out.