101-105

YGTWHV [101]

| |

"Repeat that for me."

Lakis' footstep delayed for a moment. Odin was quick to read the atmosphere and knew that he must beg for forgiveness right now so he prostrated before Lakis.

The crow flapping its wings in the sky clung to Lakis' legs as it black feathers fluttered in the night sky.

"I'm sorry, Lakis-nim! This Odin was useless! I couldn't get a single ruin's fragment, so I stole...!"

"F***, not that...You, after you clean up this place, go to the warehouse and wait."

Odin's face was haggard, but he flapped his wings and staggered off to follow Lakis' order.

Lakis' expression was still crumpled as he moved to start following Yuri's traces again.

—Eh, what the. So she isn't going to stuff him?

And after a while, the bug mumbled as if it was disappointed. Yuri threw the man who intruded into the auction house over the wall of some mansion then she turned around and left.

It belonged to one of the great nobles of the East, the Salvatore family.

After climbing a tree to look over the situation, Lakis' eyes narrowed.

'Now that I think about it, that red-haired guy who met the blue-haired guy in front of the coffeehouse is Genos Sheldon. The one called the Guardian of the East.'

This was something he found out when he followed the guy last time and did some investigation.

There was a Crawford involved then a Sheldon followed and this time, it was a Salvatore.

Crumble...

As Lakis' vice grip on the tree tightened, cracks began to appear from the area he was touching.

He couldn't understand why those hateful bastards kept getting involved around Yuri.

—Lakis, isn't it a secret that you went out? You better start hurrying back.

For now, once he heard what the bug said, Lakis set that aside for the future and turned around.

"Search everywhere!"

Clang!

The sound of the mansion door opening rang out behind him and at the same time, he could heard the little sounds of people moving out.

'Hah, ungrateful bastard.'

Even though Yuri let him live, that ungrateful twat sent people to catch her. Lakis clicked his tongue and thought, this is why you shouldn't be charitable to people. He began to speed up in the direction of the house so that he could get there before Yuri arrived.

* * *

I focused my senses on the faint presence following me.

'At this point, I guess I can say it wasn't a miracle at all.'

I eventually clicked my tongue. The target of my admiration was Lakis who was behind me. Actually, for a while now, I'd known that Lakis was following me.

Of course, I didn't know from the start. I first grew suspicious when Damon Salvatore first came into the building and the presence following him suddenly disappeared.

No, honestly, when I saw Lakis blocking me before I left the house, I had a slight suspicion that he might follow me secretly after I left. When I said I'd try to come back as soon as possible, Lakis looked like he had conceded but I sensed an almost instinctive sign of suspicion from him.