96-100

YGTWHV [96]

| |

Part 14: Doesn't it smell like a dark secret?

"That must have hurt. What were you doing to get hurt like this?"

Hestia frowned when she saw her friend who came over to play after a good while. Her clear, lime-green eyes were filled with worry.

Her gaze was aimed at the little bundle of fur that was her friend. Her friend with animal ears and a tail.

It was Leo.

After they met in the nearby alley last time, Leo began to go to play at Hestia's house frequently. He would standout if he came in through the door and since Leo was more agile than expected, Hestia simply opened the window at the back of the house for Leo to jump through.

Hestia and Leo would then play together while sharing snacks with each other. Of course, on days when Anne-Marie was at home, Hestia couldn't bring him inside so Hestia would take a snack and go out to meet him in the alley.

That said, today, Anne-Marie went to work and way away from home so Hestia could bring Leo inside. She hadn't seen Leo in a few days and when she finally saw him, his body had a few injures that seemed to be made from something sharp.

They were the injuries he suffered from Odin's attack some time ago when Odin came to the hideout. The wounds were initially much deeper than this, but unsurprisingly, Leo's body could heal faster than normal people, so they were already much better.

However, Hestia's face scrunched up in worry when she saw Leo's scar wounds which were almost disappearing.

Leo munched on the cookies Hestia gave him then he tapped the floor with his tail. Hestia's words made him remember what Odin did a while ago and his mood worsened. However, he was merely careless last time, that's why he got hurt. So next time, he would definitely not be taken down so easily!

"Krrng...Crow bad. I'll win next time!"

Like that, Leo strengthened his resolve and bravely declared.

Hearing that, Hestia thought Leo must have gotten into a fight with a friend. First of all, the scars on Leo seemed like fingernail scratches plus when Leo said 'Crow' he didn't seem like he was talking about an actual bird.

Then maybe it was a nickname...or maybe it was someone like Leo who had the characteristics of a crow?

Hestia grew curious but for now, she nodded at Leo's words.

"Yeah, I don't know why you guys fought but they were wrong to hurt their friend like this."

"Not my friend!"

Leo was angered by Hestia's words and cried out. The sight of Leo barring his sharp fangs at her in anger for the first time made Hestia's eyes go wide.

"Oh? They're not your friend. I'm sorry. Are you angry?"

Hestia readily apologized. At that, Leo's momentum also faltered.

"Crow, not...friend."

"Okay. I didn't know so I thought it was your friend. I take it back."

When Hestia immediately corrected her statement, Leo's anger quickly faded away. He sat down and curled his tail again, albeit a little awkwardly.

Tap. Tap.

The energy of his tail hitting the floor was obviously much weaker than before.

"Oh, hang on. I'll put medicine on it."

.FOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara