The Last Peral

Pagie's pov__________________

We arrived at a casino. 

"Haha we are going to have fun!" Grover said jumping out of the car. 

"Were not here to have fun" Annabeth said as we walked in and we were hit with a million colorful lights.

"How are we suppose to find a small green pearl in this place?" I asked looking around. 

"Um, maybe on a cocktail waitress or a showgirl" Grover spots a worker in a tight short green dress and follows her "We should start there" He said.

We walked around for a while when a worker walks up to us "Can I get you something? Try a lotus flower" She held up a tray of pink and dark pink flowers "They are our signature dish" She smiles and two other girls show up with the same display. 

"Why not" I shrugged and took one and bite into it. 

"Do we pay for this?" Grover asked but they walked away. 

"I guess we don't" Percy said and the others took a bite. I felt like I was on cloud 9. I dozed off and everything became a blur. 

"Guys why don't we stay awhile?" Annabeth asked. 

"Yeah" Grover squealed happily. 

"That sounds like a great idea, but weren't we on a time-sensitive mission right now?" Percy asked all confused. 

We all laugh at him "Aren't we?" he asked again.

"I know why we are here.. To have fun!" I said.

"Ok. Let's stay and never leave!!!" Percy said. 

I left the group and saw people having fun so I joined them. I was dancing with a group of girls.

 I was dancing with a group of girls

Singing on stage in front of a lot of people

I kept eating the lotus flowers

"No Paige. Stop eating that" I hear a voice in my head.

I ignored it and keep eating but Percy grabbed it from my hand and threw it away. 

"Percy" I wined like a three year old as he grabbed my arm and started to drag me away like Annabeth. 

"Grover! Hey, we got to go!" Percy then threw water on him "Wake up" He said.

"Percy what's wrong with you, why are you acting like this?" I asked all confused. 

"All of you need to wake up now! Look at me, look at me" He grabbed our attentions "Your in a trance, ok?" Percy said.

"Trance?" I asked confused. 

"Were trapped! Listen to me! You eat the flower, your never going to want to leave, ok? Were going to be stuck here forever!" Percy said. I gasp of shock as I look around and saw security looking at us. 

"Oh we got to go!" Percy said as we grabbed our bags and made a run for it with them hot on our heals. 

One guy came running at me and I high kicked him in the face and he feel to the ground. I grabbed onto a pole and hit another guy in the face with it.   

"Come on!" Annabeth grabbed me and we ran to a car. We all got in and Grove looked for the keys. 

"GO Go Go!" Annabeth and I yelled as we watched a lot of people running towards us. 

"Got em" Grove started the car and drove through a window to escapes and we were back on the road. 

"Did anyone get the pearl?" I asked otherwise it was a waste of our time. 

"Yeah I got it" Percy held it up to show us we got it. 

"Now that makes sense" Annabeth said.

"What?" Percy asked.

"That was the lair of the lotus eaters. They have been luring people in sense ancient times" She explained. 

"Guys look, tomorrow is June 21st" Grove said and we saw the sign.

"Impossible" I muttered. 

"No it can't be. Today is the 15th" Percy said.

"No tomorrow is the 21st. We were in there five days" Annabeth said.

"It felt like hours" Grover said shocked. 

"Then tomorrow is the solstice. Our deadline is tomorrow at midnight" Percy said.

"We got to move on.. Where is Hades?" I asked and Percy looked at the map.

"Hollywood?" Percy said.

"Ok I can get us there four hours, maybe three" Then he speeds the car up. 

I tap Percy's shoulder and he looks at me "What's wrong?" He gets concern when he look at me.

"How did you know to stop eating those flowers?" I asked.

"Dad told me" He said.

"He told me to stop eating them too" I said.

"He talked to you too?" Percy asked shocked and I nod.

His eyes soften "It will be ok Paige. You'll see dad and ask him all the questions you want" Percy said and I nod my head. 

The rest of the ride was silent as Grover drove through the night.