The first Peral

Percy's pov________________

That night Percy and I packed a bag and left camp. As we were leaving Grover stopped us and we left him come along but also Annabeth showed up and wanted to come along too. 

"So how do we get there?" I asked because we never really talked about it. 

"I know someone who can" Annabeth said and she took us to Luke's place. 

"Luke" Annabeth said and Luke turns to us. His place is so modern. 

"Welcome to the modern world" Luke said.

"Cool.. New stuff" Grover said as he took a look around. 

"What are you guys up to?" Luke asked when he saw our bags. 

"Were going to get my mom back" I said and he nods understanding. 

"Your dad is the messenger of the gods, one of the only ones who has gotten in and out of the underworld. Do you have any idea how?" Annabeth asked. 

 "Hm.. My dad's a jerk. Never met him" Luke said.

"You, too?" Percy asked. 

"Guess we all got daddy issues, huh?" Luke shrugged one shoulder. 

"Guess so" I said.

"That's because all gods are the same" Selfish. They only care about themselves... But I once broke into my dad's place and got some news stuff.. Check it out" Luke putted out a box and Percy opened it to reveal flying shoes. 

"Wow.." I muttered. 

"A map?" I said and Percy pulled it out. 

"You see, people have gone to the underworld before, without having to be dead. Hercules did it. Orpheus did it. My dad does it all the time. Getting in's the easy part, getting out is the tricky part" Luke explained. 

"This is a map to Persephone's pearls" Luke pointed at the map in Percy's hands. 

"Persephone? Hades wife?" Percy asked confused. 

"Yeah, he forced her to marry him. Keeps her prisoner" Annabeth told him. 

"Needless to say, she hates him and she hates it there. It's hot. He's a weirdo, so she has secret visitors" Luke said squinting his eyebrows.

"Hmm" Grover said.

I gave Grover a look and he raised his hands in surrender. 

"She keeps pearls hidden all around the world, these pearls provide a quick escape from the underworld. You could use them to get out" Luke said.

"Take a pearl, step on it, you crush it, picture where you want to go and it will take you" Luke explained how the pearls work. 

"What are we waiting for? Chiron could be onto us" I said getting impatient.

"Paige is right we should get going" Percy said and the other nods agreeing. 

We left in a hurry and took a bus to our location. 

"Auntie Em's Garden Emporium" Grover read out as we arrived at the location. 

I make a disguised face "This place needs a serious renovation" I said as we walked inside. 

"Check it out they got free soda's" Grove and I went to go and he opens it to see rats and dead ones inside. 

"Ah" Grove closes it "Ok that's nasty.. The health department needs to give this place and F" Grover said and I chuckle ad go a different way. Lot's of statues everywhere. 

I continue walking and it's like a maze in here.  After five minutes of nothing but tress and statues I was starting to give up. 

"Hey! ANNABETH! PERCY! PAIGE! WERE IN TROUBLE!" I heard Grover yell and I put out my sword on guard as I run to find them. 

"PAIGE WHERE ARE YOU!" I heard Percy yell. 

"I'm over here!" I yelled but soon found Grover and Percy on the ground "What happened?" I asked confused. 

"Come on man, watch were your going" Percy said as the both got up from the ground. 

"Perce, Paige listen!" Grover yells in a panic voice. 

"Where are we?" I asked not liking the sound of his voice. 

"Were in Medusa's lair" Grover said and my eyes widen. Ew the snake for hair lady??

"ANNABETH!" We all yell and run to go find her. 

It took a minute but we found his with his eyes closed and Medusa right in front of her. 

"Don't open your eyes!" Percy yelled and she was chasing us now. Percy and I hide behind a statue and she stood a few feet away. 

"The Poseidon twins... I used to date your daddy" She knocked over the statues that hit us and we fell out of the hiding spot. We both cover our eyes as she gripped onto the both of us and lifted us up. 

"I hear you have to lightening bolt. May I have it?" She asked. 

"We don't have it!" I said as I felt her snakes rub against me. 

Then we hear a car and she gets hit and when she got back up Percy cut her head off. 

"Ew" I muttered to myself.

"Hey guys, you can open your eyes" Percy said and Grover and Annabeth came out of the car and walked over to us. 

"Annabeth that was great, great demigod driving" Grover said and they fist bump each other. 

"Ugh" Grover sounded disguised at the sight of her dead head. 

"We should take it with us" Annabeth said.

"The head of no, that's sick" Grover said.

"If you open the eyes, they still work, dead or alive" Annabeth said.

"That is a good point. You never know when something happens, we could use it to our advantage" I said and Annabeth nods agreeing with me. 

"Your right but I am not touching that thing" Grover said.

"Your the protector" Percy mentioned then he saw something "Guys, the pearl" Percy grabbed the green Peral from her hand. 

"One down" I said.

"Ugh fine!" Grover took off his jacket and threw it over the head and we brought it to the car with us. 

Grover drove the car "It would have been nice if Luke warned us about Medusa" Annabeth said.

"Maybe he just didn't know" I said defending him.. Why though...

"GPS from the gods, where is the next location?" Grover asked. 

Percy opened up the map and the writing shows up. 

"The Parthenon in Nashville" Percy read. 

"Nashville? Oh great.. Home of my least favorite music.. Yee-Haw!" Grover said and I laugh.