Date night

Summary: Lexie and April have been having some bad luck with dates lately so, they decide to go on a date together "as friends".

A/N: Takes place in S6, April didn't get fired and she's already a redhead cause i use that sometimes😁😁

Word count: 814

tagging my bae cause she's great and she likes when i write i think??? steveandnatsbae
(i wanted ur raw reaction in my comment section😈😈)

Warning: not a happy ending💗💗, insecure lex??
//

Lexie's POV

Another Valentine's Day alone.

I don't have a boyfriend, or a date, nothing.

I don't care about this holiday, or having a date. And I'm so happy for every healthy couple in this hospital.

But when you say, "Oh no, I'm not doing anything today", you get pitied.

"Awe, I'm sorry. You'll find someone, don't give up!"

I swear to God, if one more person tells me "You'll find someone," I will smash my head against the wall.

My thoughts were interrupted when a certain redhead came in the resident's lounge.

"April, hello. How are you today," I asked, making her turn towards me and gasp.

"Lexie, your hair! It looks amazing,"

Oh, yeah. That. I wanted some change, that's all.

"Is it because of your breakup with Mark?" she asked, walking closer to me.

A groan escapes my lips, "Come on Apes, I was just starting to like you," I said sarcastically with a sigh, "It's not because of the breakup, it's Valentine's day! I wanted to do something for me, this," I gestured to my hair, "is for me."

"Well, I'm super glad you did it, it looks awesome, kinda hot too," the redhead blushed at the words coming out of her mouth.

"Thanks, you're pretty hot too," I said, a smile across my face. I take a hair tie from my wrist and pull my hair up into a ponytail before getting up on my feet. "I should probably go, I'm on Dr.Torres' service. I'll talk to you later, yeah?"

I walked towards the door but April's sweet voice made me stop suddenly and turn around.

"Lexie, wait! I have a question,"

Putting my hands in my lab coat pockets, I replied, "What's up?"

"Would you want to, erm, go to dinner with me? Tonight?"

"Tonight? It's Valentine's day..? Isn't that kinda weird?" I asked, sending her a confused look.

"We can go as friends! We are friends, right?"

"Of course we're friends! And I'd love to go to dinner with you," She seemed happy with my answer. "Let's talk later for the details, I really need to go," I sent her a quick wave and headed down to the pit, reuniting with my attending for the day.

//

Standing in front of my mirror, I smoothed out my black dress up pants. My hands slipped into the pockets as I looked at my reflection once more, the white button up's sleeves rolled to my elbows fitting perfectly with my tan open-toe heels.

I didn't really go out and get the opportunity to dress up often so I figured, why not?

When a knock at the door was heard, I quickly took my purse and walked out of my room.

No one was home except me because Mer and Derek were having dinner, and Alex was probably going to pick up some desperate and lonely chicks at Joe's. Who knows what he'll do?

I walk down the stairs, quickly but safely, and opened the door to a smiling April. When she saw me, her eyes widened.

"Lexie, you look so good! I've never seen you in normal clothes before," she beamed.

"Oh stop, you'll make me blush!" I smile at her and let my eyes scan over her outfit.

She was wearing jeans, a button up with a lavender sweater vest on top of it.

She looked great. Beautiful, even.

"Your outfit's really cute," she smiled at the compliment and muttered a small 'Thank you.'

"Ready to go?" I asked, closing the door behind me.

"Lead the way, blondie!"

//

April's POV

"Sounds like you had fun," Reed said, sitting on a bench in the resident's lounge.

"I did! It was so much fun. She's funny, and sweet and so pretty," I stated, "Do you think she likes me?"

"As a friend, yes, of course. But does she like like you? That, I don't know. You'll have to ask her,"

My head turns to the door when it opens, revealing Lexie.

"Speaking of the devil," Reed mumbled before walking to the door, sending the blonde a smile on her way.

"Hi Lex,"

"Hi Apes, I had fun last night!"

"I'm glad to hear that, I had fun too!"

She took an apple from her cupboard, the one right next to where George's was, and bit into it.

"So, you wanna, maybe, go out again tonight?"

"Another date night? People might think we're dating," She joked, taking another bite of her apple.

"Would that be so bad?" I questioned, my eyebrows knit together in confusion.

"Yeah, of course, don't you think so?"

"No, I don't. Why do you?"

Lexie parted her lips to let out a sigh, "I don't date girls, April, and even if I did, I wouldn't date you," She threw her barely eaten apple in the trash, and walked out.

Leaving me standing there, tears prickling my eyes.