HTSCF CH 062 The Dark Flames King

Start from the beginning

Rather than focus on him, shouldn't the Sword Hero help?

Jun's party of four managed to contain the Dark Flames in the sky but not the ones that started pouring into Gondoa from the directions of the four gates they burned through. Most of Gonda's residents had gathered at Central Plaza and its surroundings, and the Dark Flames seemed to only be interested in Central Plaza. Those who chose to stay home were fortunate and safe.

For that Jun was thankful. Though he might be powerful, he was not omnipotent, and his shield could barely encapsulate Central Plaza and its nearby surroundings, not the entirety of Gondoa. More and more Dark Flames piled on each other above Jun's shield. Noticing that Swords had moved to the edge of the shield to protect the people, he transformed it from a dome shape to a flattened one, extending the shield's coverage. Not yet able to change the shape of her shield yet, Ophelia kept her shield the same.

Swords of light continued to rain down on the Dark Flames nonstop yet their numbers didn't diminish but increased. Unless there were numerous Dark Omens in the crowd, which was doubtful, Jun couldn't discern why so many gathered. Dark Flames weren't the type of force of nature to seek Death but Destruction. Unless...

"Ark! Ray! Someone is controlling the Dark Flames! Find them!"

Occupied with shielding everyone, which required three types of magic, Jun couldn't spare extra magic to search for whoever, but he had a suspect. Though it was pretty obvious, one can't just accuse that someone without evidence. Maybe if they pushed hard enough the real villain will reveal themselves.

"We're doomed, we're doomed!" One of the people in the crowd shouted.

"It's over!" Another one cried.

"It's all that Dark Omen's fault!"

Jun almost—almost—stopped striving to save these ungrateful people. He might be a Dark Omen, but he could attract at most a few thousand Dark Flames, not hundreds of thousands. Two types of light swords, one turquoise and one white, shot at those slandering and complaining about Jun.

"Shut up." Aurelius and Raven snarled.

"If you want to live, you better not talk bad about my baby," warned Aurelius.

"Just let them die." Raven sneered.

After such threats, everyone stopped talking. As for the person who orchestrated this ordeal, he was seething beneath the surface. No one paid any attention to him, focusing on three others, having completely forgotten about his existence!

"I'm the one who brought the Dark Flames!" The real villain finally revealed himself, drawing people's attention back to him.

"S-Sword Hero...?"

They were shocked it was the Sword Hero, but Jun's party wasn't, not even Ophelia. "I knew he was shady," She commented. "Someone that good-looking can't be a good person."

Her father and dad, who she complimented for being better looking than the Sword Hero: "..."

But she wasn't incorrect. Neither Aurelius nor Raven were "good" people. They just did what they had to do.

"William, you—!?" Sofia Magdalen backed away from the Sword Hero in horror. "What are you talking about?"

William Frankfort, the Sword Hero, didn't bother with her and strode forward, his golden Sword armor turning into a pitched black one. His blonde hair and blue eyes changed into a dark mess and a pair of inky pools for eyes.

"A Demon!" Someone exclaimed. Confused, Jun "looked" around. There were "Demons" in this world?

"I'm not a Demon! I am the Dark Flames' King." After that, William Frankfort completely unleashed his repressed power and the Dark Flames started to flicker and grow in strength. Jun's eyes burned and stung like they were being pierced by many tiny, heated needles.