O22. 𝐀𝐖𝐊𝐖𝐀𝐑𝐃 𝐆𝐑𝐄𝐄𝐓𝐈𝐍𝐆𝐒 & 𝐁𝐀𝐂𝐊 𝐓𝐎 𝐒𝐂𝐇𝐎𝐎𝐋

𝐓 𝐖 𝐄 𝐍 𝐓 𝐘 - 𝐓 𝐖𝐎

━━━━━━━━━━━━━

WHAT COULD HE POSSIBLY BE DOING HERE? was the big question that was spinning around in Elodies head. Along with another string of thoughts.

Did he know I was here? Has he come to get me? What will Ramona think?

But she soon mutters, "Snap out of it." At the time, as Charlie says, "Are you alright, Ash?" she splutters for a moment before looking around to see almost everyone looking at her. From looks of concern to confusion. But the attention is quickly turned off of her when Mrs. Weasley enters with a sheepish looking Remus.

"Children, I'm sure most of you recognize Mr. Lupin from school. But your Father and I know him as an old friend -"

Elodie drowns out the rest of what Mrs. Weasley says. Completely focusing on Remus. The feeling of calm embraces her once more. She's just hoping her face isn't showing her emotions. By the looks of it, Remus was trying to avoid looking at her.

She quickly looks around to see no one is paying attention. Just in time to hear the end of Mrs. Weasley's speech.

"-he is our guest, so I expect you to be polite and

welcome Remus with open arms." She says firmly.

"How are you, Professor?" The twins asked, the first person to speak after. Remus smiled genuinely at the twins, even though it looked kind of awkward and somewhat forced. "I have been well Fred and George, busy with grading." He looked at the twins. "How are studies?" he asked as he took a seat at the table next to Elodie. She tensed and looked over to Ramona to see if she noticed.

Soon forgetting when feeling calm. Remus then begins to have a conversation with Mr. Weasley. Elodie sighs before thinking. He's so close. . . As she began to block out what was happening around her. Then, all of the sudden, a hand started rubbing circles on her knee under the table.

She tenses again, slightly. Thinking, what is he doing?! But soon, her panic dissipates. As soon as dinner is over, Remus says his goodbyes and quickly leaves. It takes Elodie a lot of willpower to mask the hurt she feels by it.

𝐓𝐈𝐌𝐄 𝐒𝐊𝐈𝐏

Christmas day passes by, and so do new years. Before she knows it, it's time for school to begin again. It had been a few days since school started back up. Elodie and Penelope were walking to Gryffindor common room. Elodie was a little nervous because she had scarcely seen forge yet. It's kind of suspicious, and she hopes they're not planning to prank them.

Soon, they make it to the common room. For a change, the Gryffindor common room was almost empty, except for a few fifth and seventh years, which unfortunately happened to include Elodie. The rest of the school was outside watching the Gryffindor-Ravenclaw match; the talk of the moment being Potter's new Firebolt.

A Firebolt, she thought grudgingly, the rest of the school gets to watch a real Firebolt in action, and here she was stuck doing Flitwick's essay. Even Penelope had taken the time off to watch the match, though it had less to do with the Firebolt and more to do with spending time with a certain twin on the quidditch team captain. But since apparently Penelope and George had been sending letters nonstop over break, Elodie was not complaining too much. She was happy for her best friend.