t w e n t y

When I said the word, the people around us cheered while Calum gave me the flowers afterwards and put his hands on my waist. Then he lifted me up and turned in circles, making me dizzy yet really happy in the turn of events. Calum put me back down and my feet were finally on the ground. And that's when it hit me.

Calum Thomas Hood is my boyfriend.

Last night it was just a dream but now I can finally say that reality has just gotten way better. Calum planted a kiss on my nose and our foreheads were glued on each other. "Thank you, Hailey. I love you," Calum said for about the hundredth time today.

"I love you too, Calum." I say and his lips were on mine. We stayed like that for a moment and pulled away. Ella came towards me and gave me a hug while Luke came to Calum and hugged him. I can see Michael and Ashton are coming to us and shouted "Group huuuuug!"

This could probably be one of the best days of my life.

The bell rang, signaling us that lunch time was over and we have to go to our classes now. People started walking away to their rooms until only Calum and I were left in the mess hallway with hearts and balloons and whatnot.

"I never expected this, Cal." I say and let out a small laugh. "You really know how to make me happy."

"Well, you make me happy. So I just returned the favor," he said and winked at me. I giggled and wrapped my arms around him.

We were only a few inches apart, and my lips were almost on his when we were distracted by a shouting voice.

"Come on, lovebirds!" We turn around and see Michael waving up his hands. "It's time to go!"

"Hold on a sec," Calum said and quickly gave me a peck on my lips. Then he waved goodbye to me and ran towards Michael. Now I'm standing alone, still looking at Calum's back. Then a hand waved at me and I snapped back to reality.

"Hailey, we're late for class! Come on!" Ella said, pulling me towards the end if the hallway.

"I just can't believe it," I say as we walk to our classroom.

"Oh, believe it." Ella smirks at me and I stick my tongue out at her and let out a small laugh before going inside our classroom.

---

It was already afternoon and Calum walked me to my house for the day. Hand in hand, we walked down the sidewalk and talked about how our day had been.

"There was this guy in my gym class and when we were running, he just walking," Calum says, trying hard not to burst into laughter. "And this stupid guy put his foot out and the poor dude tripped and fell down."

"Oh God," I let out a small laugh. "That's ridiculous."

We were now standing in front of my house. Calum did nothing but stare into my eyes like I'm doing with his. He squeezed my hands and stepped closer to me. "I love you," he said, again.

"I know. You've said that like a hundred times already, but I love you too," I said and placed my lips on his, and it felt perfect. After a minute or two, I pulled away and smiled sheepishly at him, my cheeks feel like they're on fire.

"Well, I guess I'm gonna go home now," Calum said and I nod.

"Okay. Bye Cal!" I say and give him one last hug before he walks away.

He started walking away and I opened the front door when he called my name again. I turned around, waiting for him to say something.

"I love you!" He said and walked away, not looking back anymore. I laugh at how cute he was when he kept repeating those words to me, like he's afraid that I would forget he loves me.

But he shouldn't be afraid because I know for sure I'll be thinking about it all night long.