n i n e t e e n

I wake up to the sound of my alarm clock ringing like crazy, it's annoying. I shower quickly and put clothes on. I grab my things and go downstairs for breakfast. Mom, Dad, and John are already sitted in the dining table, eating bacon and eggs.

I take a seat next to John, facing my dad. "How are you, sweetie?" Mom asks me. "I'm good," I say as I take a strip of bacon and put it in my mouth.

"How's Calum doing?" Dad asks, while reading the newspaper. Thanks for reminding, Dad.

"He's okay now, I guess."

After breakfast, John drove me to school. He has his own car and job now, but he still lives with our parents. He insisted on driving me to school today, though.

I got to school and the day started really boring. I don't understand anything in Math, I'll probably ask Luke for help when I see him. Chemistry was confusing, and English was boring as hell. The bell rang, and my wish was granted. It was lunch time and I got out of my room and made my way to the cafeteria.

I was walking at the hallways when a pair of big hands suddenly covered my eyes. I placed the hands away and I was surprised to see Calum standing in front of me. "I know you're upset with me, and I'm sorry," he said. "And I'm going to make it up to you."

Before I could say anything, the lights went out and a single spotlight glowed on Calum's head. Then another spotlight was focused on me. What the hell? Calum held a microphone on one of his hands and a bouqet of red roses in the other. He knows how much I love red roses.

"Calum? What's happening?" I ask, confused. "Just watch and learn," he says and winks at me. Background music started to play and disco lights danced around the hallway. Luke and Michael were standing on either sides of him, playing guitars. Ashton was sitting on a beatbox, drumming. Then Calum started singing. What is happening?

"Take time to realize,
That your warmth is crashing down on in.
Take time to realize,
That I am on your side.
Didn't I, didn't I tell you?

But I can't spell it out for you.
No, it's never gonna be that simple.
No, I can't spell it out for you.

If you just realize what I just realized,
Then we'd be perfect for each other,
And we'll never find another.
Just realize what I just realized.
We'd never have to wonder if
We missed out on each other now."

Calum knew that that song is my favorite of all time, and now he's singing it to me. There were people dancing slowly in the hallway to the beat of the song. Some people were holding heart-shaped cardboards around me, it's pretty cute. Then Calum gave the microphone to Luke, and Luke started singing with Michael while Ella put on a black blazer on Calum who's still holding the roses.

He slowly walked to my direction, Luke and Michael singing in the background. My eyes start to heat up and I look up, trying my best not to cry. This is just so beautiful.

He smiled as walked up to me and my cheeks got hotter and hotter with every step he took. He kneeled down in front of me, and that's when the tears start to roll down my face.

He held my hand by his free hand, while his other hand was holding the flowers. "Hailey, I'm sorry for being an asshole. I'm sorry if you think I didn't have time for you lately, I was actually busy setting up this whole thing the whole time. I want to thank you for being there whenever I needed you all these years, and I promise you that I will never leave your side. You know why? Because I realized that I love you. I loved you all along... I just... I love you so much, Hailey! Will you be my girlfriend?"

Luke and Michael stopped singing, Ashton stopped drumming, the people around stopped dancing and leaned in, waiting for my answer. It's very silent now, like everyone wants to hear me say the word. And without any doubt, I did.

"Yes!"

———

A/N

I'm sorry I haven't updated in like a day or two. But here it is and I hope you liked it!

Thank you so much for all the reads and votes and awesome comments. I love you all!

And I am sooooo excited for the next chapters ahhhh

Be sure to follow me for more, okay? Okay.

- Sam