e i g h t e e n

Today's Friday, and I really wanted to hang out with Calum. Every time we saw in each other in school earlier today, he would just smile and wave at me then go away, it's like he's got a lot of things to do. Well, it's Friday night so he probably isn't busy anymore, hopefully.

I dial his number and call it. After three rings, he answered.

"Hey Hailey," Calum says.

"Hey Cal. Do you want to hang out tonight?"

"Uh, I'm sorry Hail. I want to but I can't. I'm super busy with stuff and—"

"Oh, it's okay. I guess you're too busy for me anyway." I say and hang up the phone. I don't want to hear what he has to say to that, 'cause I know it's true.

He doesn't have time for me anymore. He only has some time for that girl who she's with. He said he liked me, but I guess he doesn't anymore. My eyes were watery and I was just going to let the tears fall out because I thought I can't hold on anymore, but I told myself to be strong.

No, Hailey. Don't cry because of that boy. Don't. Just don't. You can handle it, you're strong, right?

But I guess I'm not. The tears fall down my cheeks but I don't dare wipe them. I just don't really care anymore. It's like nobody even cares about me anymore. I need someone to be here with me right now, so I called Ella and she said she'll be here in a few minutes.

Before I know it, she was standing in the front door of my house, bringing a bucket of ice cream with her. We went upstairs to my room and I spilled all my feelings out.

"Oh, Hails. Maybe that girl you heard was just his sister Mali-Koa."

I wipe my tears away. What if that was just Mali-Koa?

"Maybe. But he still doesn't have time for me."

"Don't say that. You know, I think Calum still likes you. He's just really busy with something. And it's probably something that you'll be happy with when you find out."

"What do you mean?"

"Oh, you'll know real soon."

———

Sunday night, and I'm just laying all alone in my bed. My family went out to watch a movie but I told them I had homework so they let me stay home. The truth is, I just don't want to do anything right now.

I didnt have anything else to do so I scrolled down on Instagram. To my surprise, I saw Ashley Johnson's name on my feed. I actually followed that girl?

She posted a picture of her and Calum was in the background, photo bombing her. She tagged Calum in the photo and made a little caption.

Had fun hanging out with this guy today

I wanted to forget about Calum for a while, because thinking about him hurts. So I plugged in my earphones and listened to Blink 182 and turned the volume to the highest. Music makes me feel better, and I need it, especially now.

———

A/N:

Heeeeeeey

Thank you to everyone who's continuously reading my story you guys make me happy

And also I hope you're excited for the next chapter because I am

Vote , comment, and follow for more!

- Sam