18

The next day at school all I could think about was the previous night with Namjoon. I had stayed in his room till around three in the morning and in that time, I had gotten lots of practice in.

By the time I left I pretty much had the whole kissing and making out thing down. I wasn't a pro or anything, but I wasn't as bad as I was and that was a huge plus for me.

As I was pulling my books from my locker, I heard a voice from behind me and turned around to see Hayden approaching me.

"Hey." I say, feeling a bit awkward after him telling me he liked me. "Hey, how are you?" Hayden asks as he leans against the locker beside mine.

"I'm good. How are you?" I ask, feeling a bit as if I had to act formal. "I'm okay. I figured we should probably talk. Only if you're okay with that of course." He says as he pulls in his bottom lip between his teeth.

Before I could even get the chance to respond another voice sounds from beside me. I heard Hayden sigh slightly just as I looked over to see Namjoon coming up to us.

"What's up you two?" He asks, his eyes on Hayden as if that's really all he cared about. "Just trying to grab some books for my next class." I mumble, knowing Hayden wasn't going to respond to him.

"How are you Hayden, good? Did you two have fun after I dropped you guys off?" Namjoon asks and I can hear by the sound of his voice that he's jealous.

"Yeah, we did." He says, a look in his eyes that I couldn't understand. The tension between the two of them began to rise and I was quite literally, caught in the middle.

Luckily, before it got out of hand, Leah popped up. "What is this a party at y/n's locker? What are we up to?" Leah beams as she attaches herself to my side, putting herself between Namjoon and I.

"I came because I wanted to talk to y/n, which I still need to do." Hayden says, seeming a bit frustrated.

I glanced over at Hayden before my eyes drifted behind Leah's head to Namjoon who was staring straight at me as if waiting for my answer.

I turned to Hayden, knowing I couldn't just leave something like this unfinished. "We can talk after class, okay? I have to go now." I say as I slide my book into my bookbag and close my locker.

"Yeah, let's go." Leah says as she loops her arm in mine and drags me away from the two males, leaving them alone together.

That wouldn't end well...

------

NAMJOON'S POV

I watched as Leah dragged Y/n away, leaving just Hayden and I. Just as he went to walk away, I spoke.

"What exactly do you two need to talk about?" I ask as I lean against the locker. Hayden stopped in his tracks as he turned to face me, a not so happy look on his face.

"I don't recall that being your business." He says. I could tell by the way he was looking at me that he wasn't happy, but neither was I, so I didn't care.

Knowing that I couldn't up and say Y/n and I were together because it may get back to Leah, I bit my tongue.

"I heard the two of you kissed and that you like her. My sister has a big mouth." I scoff as I watch his face for a reaction.

Hayden stared at me for a second before his brows furrowed. "Listen, I don't care what you heard. I know Y/n doesn't like me back, so it doesn't matter. I just don't understand why it matters to you." He says.

I could tell he was suspecting exactly what was going on but I wouldn't admit that to him. Besides, he didn't need to know.

"I just don't think you should be bothering her if you know she doesn't like you back. I've known y/n since she was a little kid, I'm just very protective of her. You get that, don't you?" I say, careful with my words.

Hayden stared at me for a moment before he finally spoke. "Yeah, I get it." He says before he turns on his heels and walks away.

Once he's out of sight I scoff as I push myself off of the lockers and go to walk to class when I'm stopped by one of my friends Jay.

"Hey man, are you coming to that party tonight? Brittany will be there dude." Jay grins and mentally I cringed.

"I don't know I'll have to see if I can make it. Mom's working late again so you know, gotta make sure my idiot sister doesn't burn the house down." I say and hey it wasn't a complete lie.

"Dude your sister is hot just bring her with." Jay says and I make a face instantly. "How many times do I have to tell you, not my sister man." I say, disgusted at the thought of him going anywhere near Leah.

"Whatever. You should come though! Brit has been asking about you. You've been M.I.A lately." Jay says as he looks past me, checking out a girl that was walking by.

"I'll think about it." I say as I start to walk away. "See you there!" Jay calls out from behind me. Sighing, I make my way to class, unsure of what I should do.

I figured Y/n wouldn't be too happy about me going to a party where Brittany would be all over me and I definitely didn't want that either.

At the same time, Jay would be expecting me and Jay was the type of guy you didn't want to piss off. I learned that the hard way in the sixth grade before the two of us became friends. Let's just say he did not like me back then.

I had no idea what I was going to do but when it came to Jay and the others, I'm sure they had already made the decision for me.

_