15

Y/n's POV

I had just finished telling Leah everything that had happened with Hayden and of course, her jaw was to the floor.

"He likes you?! You're gonna date him right?" I sighed, having already went over this.

"I told you I don't feel the same way about him. He knows it." I say and Leah scoffs. "Just date him anyway, at least you'll have a boyfriend finally."

I shook my head instantly, right away hating her idea.

"I could never date someone just because they like me. If I don't like him back that's just messed up." I say as I lean against her wall with a sigh.

Leah doesn't say anything as she glances over at me then down at her phone. Her and her boyfriend had been nonstop texting since I came over, so I wasn't surprised.

"I'm gonna go grab some water. I'll be right back." I say as I head for the bedroom door. Leah simply hums a quick 'okay' not bothering to look up from her phone. Shaking it off, I head down to the kitchen.

Just as I'm about to head down the stairs, Namjoon's bedroom door opens, revealing him in a black t-shirt and grey sweatpants. I had to force my eyes not to drift downwards as I took in his appearance.

"Oh hey, another sleepover?" Namjoon asks once he spots me. "Yup, of course." I say, knowing Leah and I did this all the time ever since we were kids. Some things never changed.

"Were you headed downstairs?" Namjoon asks then he sees my foot half on the step. "Stupid question, of course you were." He chuckles as he pulls his lips in. His facial expressions seemed almost as if he was embarrassed by what he had said.

"Were you coming down too?" I ask, seeing him just stand there. Namjoon brushed his fingers through his hair then nodded. "Yeah, I'm hungry." He laughs just as his stomach growls.

I glanced back at Leah's door where I could hear her on the phone with her boyfriend and I mentally jumped up and down. Perfect time to randomly hang out with Namjoon. What can I say, I liked him so of course I wanted to be around him.

"I can make you something if you want?" I suggest and Namjoon looks over at me, a smile instantly making way onto his face.

"I would love that." I couldn't help but to smile at his words. "Alright then let's go." I say as I start to head down the stairs with Namjoon trailing close behind me.

Once we get into the kitchen Namjoon sits down on the counter and watches me as I search through the fridge. "Anything in particular you want?" I ask as I glance over at him from above the fridge door.

"Nope, whatever you want to make is fine with me." He says as his eyes follow my every move making me feel very self-conscious.

I end up making something simple that I knew Namjoon liked seeing as the three of us use to eat it all the time as kids. Once I was finished, Namjoon and I sat down at the kitchen table as he ate.

I sipped my water as he scarfed down the food as if he hadn't ate in years. I laughed a little as I watched him.

"What?" Namjoon asks as he glances over at me with his head tilted slightly to the side. "This just remind me of when we were younger." I laugh and that makes Namjoon grin.

"It's weird to think we've known each other that long, huh?" Namjoon says as he turns to face me in his chair. "You quite literally watched me grow up so yeah, definitely weird." I laugh and Namjoon smiles slightly.

"I always use to think you were so weird. You're a bit different now though." Namjoon says and I tilt my head slightly. "How so?"

I wasn't expecting what Namjoon said next.

"It's hard to explain. You're just different now, you've grown up a lot. You're very pretty."

I could feel my cheeks burn as his words sank in and replayed over and over again in my head.

When I don't say anything Namjoon shifts in his chair, turning his head away so I couldn't see his face. "I'm sorry. That was weird."

"No, it's okay. Thank you." I say, feeling myself smiling. Namjoon glances over at me then, his eyes studying my face for a moment, then he speaks again.

"I know this is none of my business or anything, but I need to ask..." He starts, his eyes shifting slightly. "Did you and Hayden kiss again?"

I was taken back by his question. Why was he asking me this and more importantly, why did he care?

"Why are you asking me that?" I say, my eyes hard on him. I could see his demeanor change slightly before he speaks again.

"I'm gonna be honest with you so please, don't get weirded out or anything, okay?" He says as he looks up to meet my eyes.

"Okay." I say finally, waiting for whatever it was that he was going to say. Right now I felt confused and even a little nervous.

"I don't want him to kiss you. I know that I can't control that but that's just how I feel. I hate the idea of him doing anything with you." Namjoon says, his eyes staring directly into mine. Before I could say anything, he spoke again.

"I don't want anyone to be with you, honestly. I know this sounds weird but there's something you should know." Namjoon says as he pulls in his bottom lip. He looked just as nervous as I felt.

The words that came out of his mouth next made my eyes widen and my heartbeat quickly. The words I had only ever dreamed of hearing. I never imagined I'd actaully be hearing them. I was in shock as Namjoon looked me right in the eyes and said,

"I like you, Y/N."