2

The next day at school I took a seat across from Leah in the lunchroom, watching as she twirled her hair as she zoned out. I followed her gaze to what she was looking at only to see the guy she had been crushing on since the fifth grade, Ki Hyun.

I snapped my fingers in front of her face to get her attention. Still somewhat zoned out, Leah turned to face me. "Huh?" I laughed as I moved back, picking up my fork.

"You're drooling again." I say as I take a bite of my lunch, watching as her face turned red. "I am not, hush." She says as her eyes dart back in his direction.

As she fell back into her love trance, I looked around the cafeteria, my eyes landing on the table Namjoon and his friends were at. Seated in between him and one of his buddies was one of the popular girls, Brittany but everyone called her Brit. I called her bitch but hey, to each their own.

I watched as she leaned into Namjoon's side, her loud obnoxious laugh echoing off the walls, even in the crowded cafeteria she still had to be the center of attention.

As I went back to my food, I pulled my phone out, not caring to pay any more attention to Bitchney's annoying antics of trying to get in Namjoon's pants.

I scrolled through Instagram, Facebook, tik tok, anything I could to pass the time for lunch to be over. I didn't very much care to be in here, surrounded by loud immature people.

"Hey." I hear suddenly, nearly causing me to jump in my seat as a body slid onto the bench beside me. I looked over only to see Namjoon seated right next to me as his hand slid across the table to steal food from his sister's tray.

"Hey!" Leah snapped, her attention now fully on Namjoon. "What are you doing over here? Don't you have some girls to entertain or something?" Leah says, rolling her eyes as she said so.

Before Namjoon even got the chance to respond, the bell rang. Leah hopped up, turning to face me. "I'll text you later." She says before hurrying off in the direction of Ki Hyun, probably to go fawn some more.

I went to stand back Namjoon's voice made me stop in my place. "Wait, I want to talk to you really quick." He says and my brows instantly furrow.

"I have to get to class." I say and he chuckles. "It'll just be a second." He says. Knowing I rarely ever talked to him, I sat back down.

"I just wanted to apologize for yesterday. Leah can be so annoying sometimes and I like getting on her nerves. I hope I didn't make you hate me." Namjoon says but the small smirk on his lips makes me know his words aren't genuine.

"You should just lay off her. The reason she acts like that is because you antagonize her. You should be nicer." I say as I stand, not wanting to talk with him more. "Why, do you like nice guys?"

I felt my face heating slightly, so I didn't turn around. I didn't want him to see what his words had done to me. "Just leave her be, alright." I say before I walk away.

Once I was out of Namjoon's vicinity I let out a breath I didn't realize I had been holding in. What was with him? I couldn't understand why he would even approach me to begin with. There just wasn't something right in his head.

I shake the thought as I hurry off to class. I was already late enough as is, I didn't need to make it worse.

As I got into my classroom I took a seat at my desk and let out a sigh. This was the worst subject of the day but luckily the teacher wasn't strict so I could just do my work then read a book to pass the time, and that's exactly what I did.

Soon enough, the class ended and I hurried out of there, ready to go to my final class of the day and then go home. I wasn't going to Leah's today which meant I could watch that episode as soon as I got home so she couldn't spoil it. That would be the highlight of my night.

Besides, it's not like I really had any other friends besides Leah. The two of us had been best friends since as long as I could remember and because we were so close not many people wanted to be friends with us. Probably because they assumed they wouldn't fit in or whatever the reason was.

I didn't mind though. I enjoyed having one really great friend. It was the quality that mattered, not the quantity.

The rest of the school day I did my work quickly so I'd have time to day dream and before I knew it I was back at home, getting ready to watch that episode.

I didn't even bother telling Leah I was watching it because I knew if I did she'd accidentally slip up and tell me something before I even watched that scene.

I learned my mistake by doing that before and I wasn't going to let it happen again. As much as I love Leah, she can't not spill the beans about literally anything.

Honestly, I was surprised she hadn't told Namjoon about my crush on him. That was probably because she thought I didn't like him anymore and I was totally okay with that.

Yeah, it was a little messed up to keep that from her but if nothing was ever going to come of it anyway, there was no reason to bring it up.

In the end, what she doesn't know won't hurt her.