35

"Ares! You're going to make me bald, you idiot!"

He looked at me sternly in the mirror, "Call me an idiot again, and I'll actually make you bald."

I let out a sigh, crossing my arms while I stared at my reflection. I was complaining to Ares about how badly I need a haircut, and he said, 'I can cut your hair. Can't be that hard.'

"Idiot," I whispered under my breath again.

I glanced at Ares in the mirror, and the smirk on his face told me that he did in fact hear me. 

He trimmed the ends of my hair slightly, cutting half of an inch off. Once he was done, he set the scissors down on the counter, "There."

I moved my hair to be in front of my shoulders. I guess he didn't make me bald, and I guess he is kind of good at this.

Last night was my first night officially living with him. I was actually really surprised that my mom agreed - and that Ares would even want to live with me. 

"You really want to live with me?" I sort of blurted as we walked back into his bedroom.

His eyebrows lowered as if I had just confused him. He asked, "What kind of dumb question is that? Of course I want to live with you."

"But why?"

"Cause I fucking love you."

My stomach did a flip, and I had to bite my bottom lip to keep my smile from spreading any wider. I walked over to him and put my arms around his neck while telling him, "I love you too."

He leaned down and pressed his lips against mine without hesitation, his hands going to my lower back.

"Hey, lovebirds. Sorry to ruin the moment," H suddenly spoke from the doorway, making me jump.

I took a few steps back and held my hand over my heart, "Jesus Christ! H, is there a reason why you don't knock?"

He shrugged, "I have a key."

I watched confusion coat Ares' face. He crossed his arms and told him, "I didn't give you a fucking key."

"Oh, yea. I know," H replied casually while he took a seat on the bed. "But one time, you gave me your key to go to your house, so I made my own copy."

"You are weird as fuck," Ares sighed. "What are you doing here?"

H's sarcastic demeanor suddenly became a bit more serious. He looked between Ares and me, almost looking a little nervous. He leaned forward and put his elbows on his knees while telling us, "I got another email. But this one was different than the others."

My stomach dropped at his words. I spoke up, "What'd it say?"

H pushed himself up, standing back up to his full height. He gestured his head towards Ares' office and said, "Let me show you."

We all entered his office, H sitting on the office chair. He turned the computer on, and an amused look came onto his face, "Your background is a picture of you and Mia?"

"Yea, it is. Cause I'm in a happy relationship unlike your miserable ass," Ares replied back quickly, hitting the back of H's head slightly.

H dramatically flinched, rubbing the back of his head. He glanced at him over his shoulder, "You're whipped, Montgomery."

Ares agreed, "Mhm."

A smile formed on my face, and I walked over to be standing beside Ares, holding onto his hand. H logged into his email and pulled up one of his most recent emails, and I leaned to the right to be able to read it.