32

Mia

Ares was waiting outside of my classroom door as soon as it ended. 

I walked over to him, placing a kiss on his cheek. My classes today were pretty long, so I only had about 30 minutes to get ready and eat once we got home.

But right as we got in the car, he told me, "I got you food. You can eat it before you get ready."

"Have I ever told you that you're the best boyfriend ever?"

"Nope."

"Well, you are."

"Thank you," he glanced at me. "I try my best."

Once we were back at his house, I stood at the kitchen table and took my food out of the bag. I ate it while Ares got ready upstairs, and I was so grateful that he got me food because I was starving.

I threw out my garbage once I finished eating and washed my hands. When I walked upstairs and entered the bedroom, he was standing in the bathroom, putting a spray of cologne on.

While grabbing some clothes out of the closet, I called out to him, "You look handsome."

He exited the bathroom, walking over to me. Instead of thanking me, he pressed his lips against mine and didn't pull away until we needed air. 

I smiled as he sat down on the bed. I changed in the bathroom before exiting and putting my shoes on.

I put my boots on, but before I could tie them, Ares came over and bent down in front of me. He tied them before looking up at me and telling me, "You look so beautiful."

My heart felt like it melted at this moment. He stood up to his full height, grabbing my hand in his. He asked, "Are you all ready? Did you eat enough?"

Once I nodded my head, we headed downstairs. The sky was bright orange, the sun almost starting to set. 

It was about a 30-minute drive, so Ares let me play my music. He didn't complain about what I played, so I think it's safe to say that he's also a fan of The Neighbourhood and The Weeknd.

We got to the amusement park during peak sunset. The sky was orange and pink, but I knew that it would soon be replaced by darkness, and the lights would be lighting up the park.

Entering the park, I noticed how many rides there were. I was thinking we could start with something easy, so we started walking towards a small rollercoaster.

The line wasn't too long, and Ares kept his arm around my waist while we waited.

I looked at him and said, "We should get a snack here later. Like popcorn, cotton candy, that kind of thing. They always do it in movies."

"Sure," he kissed the top of my head. "Whatever you want."

We got on the ride, and it got my adrenaline pumping. It was nothing compared to some of the other rides, but it was still enough to make my heartbeat increase and to make me smile.

Once the ride came to an end, we began walking towards the bigger rides as the sunset was slowly turning dark.

My eyes went to the largest roller coaster. I turned to him and asked him, "Think you could handle that?"

"Mhm. Think you could?"

My jaw dropped slightly. I told him, "Of course I could!"

He grabbed my hand, our fingers intertwining.

He shrugged, "Then let's go see."

We made our way to the rollercoaster. The line was pretty long since it was Friday, but I didn't mind waiting. The breeze was warm, and the air smelled like popcorn from a stand nearby.