Ch 5: Hide And Seek

En başından başla

"Where are you, Marinette...?" his voice echoed and he transformed into Reality. Ah, so it was a possession!

She saw a red light emitting from the other room. She carefully snuck her way over there and saw a portal, with Reality looking at it. When looked away, it turned yellow. When he jumped in, it turned green.

Ladybug deduced that the different colors meant different locations. Green meant that she'd be transported to a safe location and out of harms way. Okay, great, so now she had to find a way to turn the portal green.

This felt... Wrong... Why was she so afraid? Just a year ago, she faced Reality and Aatrox with so much confidence, but now? Now she was running from the very thing she defeated not long ago! What was wrong with her?

But... Reality had a presence this time. A dark presence. One that spoke death and destruction. He was scaring her too much. She could never hope to defeat him alone.

If this was a dream, please wake her up. She was slowly feeling her sanity dropping. She wanted out. She wanted to be with her boyfriend. She wanted to hold him and feel his love and warmth.

Maybe she was only confident when she was with her team. It was the feeling of loneliness that made her act this way. She shook her head to clear her thoughts and knew exactly what she had to do. Lure Reality into the portal.

She got out of her hiding spot and took a deep breath, being ready to run toward the portal as fast as possible. She used her strenght to bang her fist against the roof of a broken down car.

Immediately, she heard the laughter again and felt Reality flying toward her. Closer and closer.

When she was close to the portal, she stopped and turned around. Reality knew what she was up to.

He landed in front of her. He smirked in her direction.

"Hmph... Well, I applaude you, Marinette. You survived the game." he said.

"You're sick... You killed so many people! And for what!? Just to get to me!? What did you do to Cat Noir!?" she demanded.

"Did it ever occur to you that those were all illusions? Or did you simply forget it's what I do? Seriously, a year without Shadow Moth or me has made you soft." he mocked.

"Shut up... You have a perfect chance to kill me, so do it then!" she challenged.

"Like I said, you won. And I play fair. I'm not a monster to take away your chances of survival. So as a reward for winning this game of hide and seek, I shall let you go. But don't worry, even if you survived, the fun is not over. My clones are already dealing with your teammates as we speak."

Marinette rolled her eyes, not interested in what he had to say. But that did beg one question...

"What is your goal this time?"

"My goal? Hm... Killing you is a start. But still the same. Create a world without hatred or war. However, you only have two weeks to stop me." he explained.

Two weeks? What did that mean?

"Two weeks? That's oddly specific."

"Then allow me to elaborate you. What is a difference between an adult miraculous user and a child?" Reality asked, his smile never fading.

"You're speaking to a Guardian... You know I know the answer." she narrowed her eyes.

"Well then, there is your answer. I won't need to explain any further than that. Now then, you are free to go."

"Just like that? This is another one of your traps!" she accused.

"Before... I change... My mind..." he growled, showing how serious he was.