Chapter 9

Levi's POV:

It's been a while since I tried to confess but failed. Hange had a meeting with the other class presidents. I was a bit surprised when Moblit walked over to me.

"Hey Levi"

"Hi"

He paused for a bit. I wonder what he's up to.

"Eh, it's almost valentines aye?"

Was he asking me out or something?

"Yes I'm aware"

"You.... You know Hange pretty well right?"

"Yes? Why?"

"Well... I kinda like her and..." He paused "I want to give her something for valentines, and maybe ask her out? I know it's a bit rushed but I really want to tell her"

I wasn't surprised he liked her. They were always lab partners. But I didn't want to tell him. Then again if Hange found out she'd kick my butt.

I scoff "why am I not surprised"

He gave a nervous giggle

"She likes sweets, especially chocolates" 

"Hmm chocolates.. Thank you so much Levi, I owe you one"

I nod in response and he sprints off. I see Hange exit the student council office.

"Leviii!!"

She ran and gave me a hug. I was a bit surprised. I felt like something was in my stomach. I recalled what Hange says it's called Butterflies.

"Guess what!! Guess what!!"

"What"

"Nanaba and Mike are together!!" She squealed

"About time, those two flirting is like watching kids exchange cringy pick up lines"

"I mean you have a point" She laughs

Maybe I should get her a little something for valentines as well?

We walked out of the building. I remembered what Moblit said. If Hange did like Moblit then there wasn't any room for me. What am I thinking? If she'd be happy with him then I should support that.

"Levi" She paused

"What do you want"

"You seem... Off"

"I'm perfectly fine"

"Yeah right. You look constipated"

"Tch, I'm just tired"

"Then go rest"

We reached my home. I was about to go in when Hange stood beside me.

"May I come in?"

"Huh?"

"I just need to tell your mom something"

"Okay"

She walks inside and goes to my mother.

"Hange, it's nice to see you. What brings you here?"

"Ms. Kuchel, my mom would like to invite you over to our house later for some tea"