𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐘 𝐎𝐍𝐄

Start from the beginning

ੈ♡

      'IF I WAS A RICH GIRL(na, na, na, na, na, na, na)
see, i'd have all the money in the world, if i was a wealthy girl
'

      lizzie and ian were dancing and singing their hearts out in the corner. ian twirled lizzie around before the girl noticed someone beating the shit out of someone else.

     'hey, look!' lizzie said, pointing out the window, calling everyone's attention.

     'is that lip?' fiona questioned, dropping her tools.

      almost everyone rushed outside, watching what was happening. it was indeed lip, beating sierra's baby daddy's ass. sierra stood nearby, begging lip to stop.

     'stop it!' fiona screamed as ian ran and ripped lip off him. 

      lizzie went over to sierra, who was freaking out. 'are you alright?' she questioned.

      'what the fuck?' sierra asked, in awe of what just happened. lip thrashed his body as ian dragged him to the side.

      'all right, okay. it's over!' fiona announced to the people watching the fight.  'let's go! let's go! it's over.'

      sierra's baby daddy— lizzie didn't even know his name— got up and announced, ' i didn't hit him.' before he walked away.

      'what the fuck just happened?' fiona questioned sierra.

     'i don't even know.' the woman responded, she was just as confused as fiona and lizzie, it seemed. 

      'i'm sorry.' fiona said, smiling sympathetically and lightly caressing her face. she then walked away, towards lip. lizzie wanted to say something, but she didn't know what to say, she soon followed fiona.

     'you got this?' fiona questioned ian, who was handling lip.

     'yeah.' he sighed, looking back to lip as fiona went inside. lizzie stood there watching. ian got closer to lip, 'you're drunk.' he muttered.

     'are you gonna give me shit now?' lip yelled.

     'if they didn't take you back, you don't fucking need 'em, all right?' ian continued, glancing to lizzie who watched from a distance.

     'you don't know what the fuck you're talking about.' lip yelled in ian's face, so close he was practically spitting on him. ian pushed him off of him and lip turned to lizzie, 'what? you fucking disappointed in me? you're not the only one.'

     he walked away, leaving the two together. 'i need a drink,' the blonde girl muttered, crossing her arms.

     'you want to end up like him?' ian asked, as they started to walk back to the laundromat.

     'i'm not gonna end up like him,' lizzie assured the man, shaking her head. it was totally different when she drank then when lip did, right?

ੈ♡

    'I DON'T KNOW HOW TO say thank you.' fiona told kev, wiping her sweat soaked forehead.

    'how 'bout you let me crash on your couch?' kev asked.

     'sure.' fiona told him, lightly punching his arm.

     'well, hey, um,' frank started, making lizzie roll her eyes. 'would you happen to have a spare bed for your old pops?'

     'no.' fiona and ian told him in unison.

     'looks like a party in here, wendell.' the old woman who used to run the laundromat, said, joining with the group. 'show those kids how it's done.'

     frank turned to his daughter and mouthed, 'wendell?'

     'dead husband.' she whispered.

     'does she still have an apartment upstairs?' frank questioned.

     'no.' fiona lied, acting nonchalant.

     'liar.' frank said, walking over to etta, who turned between songs on her radio. he gasped at one of them, telling her, 'this is my song!' he grabbed etta's hands and they started to dance. 'remind me, darling, do we have a double bed upstairs?'

    'frank.' fiona said.

     'you're evil,' lizzie remarked.

     'it's cold out there,' the man told the girls. 

     fiona sighed, telling him, 'you can stay on the floor in the back if you leave etta out of it.'

     'deal.' frank grinned.

     fiona walked back over to ian, trevor, and lizzie, who had all passed around beers, admiring her work.

AUTHOR SPEAKS
comeback era