Chapter 19

Cassie's POV

I woke up the next morning at around midday. I was still in my clothes, and the last thing I can remember from yesterday is lying on the floor of the small shed house, where I must have fallen alseep. I had listened to the few songs that he had put on my playlist on the usb, and it didn't brighten my mood at all. I started to cry again, which didn't help things either.

I ended up just lying in bed for another 2 hours, not wanting to get up. Then I remembered the playlist. I forced myself to get out of my bed, and walked over to my laptop, my blankets still wrapped around me. I plugged in the usb and clicked the link on it. As he said he would, Michael had added a song to it. I grabbed my headphones and plugged them in, before hitting the play button next to the new song.

I have heard this song before, I think. Yes, I can remember it, it was played by the opening act at the concert Michael took me to. Oh no, now I'm thinking about the concert. And Michael. I continued to listen to it, to see if there was a reason why he chose this particular song.

My mum walked into the room, and looked happy that I was finally out of bed. I exited out of the tab and listened to what she was saying to me. She was trying to be all comforting, but I wasn't paying attention at all. I just nodded and accepted her hug, before she told me I had to go downstairs and eat. So I did, and over breakfast (or lunch? It was the afternoon so...) my dad sat down next to my mum, my sister and I and said that we were heading up to dads other office for a week. Dad's company has 2 offices in the state, there's the one he works at, and then there's another which is about a 4 hour drive away. I didn't even feel like getting out of bed, and I definitely don't want to road trip with the family down the coast (even further away from Michael) for a week.

"We are driving down tomorrow. It'll be good for you Cassie, to get your mind off things." I wasn't even listening to dad.

"No." I said, simply.

"Excuse me?"

"No. I'm not going. I'm out of school dad! I can sat here if I want to."

Mum looked over at dad. "We can't force her."

Dad looked at me, and stood up and walked into the kitchen.

"I have to go to work" I said, before getting up, quickly changing in my bedroom, and running out the front door.

There was a new girl at work now. Her name's Isabella, and she's a year younger than me. She's really bright and happy 24/7, and she talks a LOT. She' sbeen there for around a month.

"Hey Cassie!" She said as I walked in. I just smiled and got to work.

After about 20 mins she nudged me and when I turned around she was smiling.

"Wasn't that guy you just served SO cute??!!!" She said, smiling even bigger.

"Erm. I didn't really notice." I replied, before turning back around to serve another customer. She nudged me again.

"What about that guy sitting at the far table."

"Nope don't see it." I said, trying to ignore her annoyingness.

"As if!" She scoffed.

"Isabella, I have a boyfriend" I said matter-of-factly. Her eyes widened.

"Omg! Tell me about him!!"

"Dude, I already told you about him. Michael." I said, trying to be calm and happy.

"But I thought he moved away?"

"Yeah. He did."

"Ohhhhh. I see. Well, do you talk on the phone?" She asked me, looking as though she felt kinda bad.

"He only moved yesterday."

"You look so down. Why did you even come to work?"

I looked at her, annoyed. "Because I had to."

"You need some cheering up! How about we throw a party or something!!" She said enthusiastically.

"No! I'm not throwing a party, I'm fine. I'll be okay once he calls me." I was starting to get upset again. Once my shift was done, I went back home and stayed in my room until I fell asleep.

_______________________________________

At midnight he called. I had a feeling he would. Hearing his voice made me feel so much better. I sat in my bed, under my blanket talking to him for 3 hours. When I woke up the next morning, I got straight out of bed, listened to the new song on the playlist, and went straight downstairs to start my day. My family were ready to leave for their mini holiday.

"Cassie are you sure you don't want to come?" My mum said to me, trying to change my mind.

"No mum, I'm good." I said goodbye to them and within 20 minutes they backed out of the driveway and drove off. The house was suddenly really quiet. I decided to call Michael. I dialled his number, waited, and he didn't answer. So I called back again 10 minutes later but there was still no pick up. So I went to work early and sat at the café next door for a coffee before my shift started. Isabella walked in a sat right next to me. "Hey Cass!!"

I jumped up. "Wow, sorry you scared me". I said, taking a last sip of my coffee and tossing it in the bin.

"It's 1 minute to 10 we should probably go over and start!" She said eagerly.

"Yeah alright. We walked out of the café and started working.

"So have you spoken to Michael?" She asked me.

"Last night, yeah. I called twice today and he didn't pick up" I said casually, trying not to sound like I cared a lot. Then Isabella started saying all these things that made me worry 10 times more.

I got a text from him as I was on my way home, it read "Sorry, was busy. Talk later".

Is it always going to be like that? I was in a horrible mood. I unlocked the front door, and jumped onto the lounge. It was so quiet with nobody at home. I started to think about what Isabella was saying yesterday. I suddenly jumped up, grabbed my phone, and texted everyone I knew in the area.