Chapter 1

Cassie's POV

School has ended, not for the year, but forever. This was my last year and I'm now out in the real world. I can do whatever I feel like and I no longer have to see all the people from my school. I always imagined this as a time to spend every day with my friends and do all of the fun trips and plans that we made while we were in school. But that couldn't happen, as I had to move house. Not to the other side of the city, or the other side of the state. I had to move to the other side of Australia.

I really didn't want to go, but I had to obviously. It was 4 weeks before christmas, the night before our flight and I put my backpack in the car. I put in all the essentials that I would need for the flight. My headphones, my phone, backup pair of earphones, and my crappy ipod incase my phone went flat. Yes, it is very important that I have music to listen to. Moving to Sydney is going to be one of the hardest things i ever do. This is because I've had to leave my boyfriend, Calum, here. We have planned to text all the time and skype each night. I'm so scared about what would happen if it doesn't work out. Calum has been my best friend since I was 5, and I have always had him by my side. We have been in a relationship for just over 2 years, and we had so many plans for once we finished school.

At 5:30 the next morning I could hear my dad calling out from downstairs, hassling my sister and I to get out of bed. I fell back to sleep briefly and was awoken by my younger sister, Ally, pouring ice cold water on my head.

"GET UP WE'RE GONNA LEAVE WITHOUT YOU"

"Good". I mumbled. Ally's 5 years younger than me, and is actually excited about leaving. I wish I could bring my friends along with me. I have quite a lot of friends, there's the ones that I'm really close to, like Sarah, Kayla, Eve, Luke, Calum and Ashton. Then there's all these other people that I don't necessarily talk to but still sit with at lunch. Ally always has her other little 12 year old friends over at our house, which is why I tend to go out with the group a lot. Sarah has been my friend since Kindergarten. I met Luke and Ashton through Calum and they're a lot of fun.

"Okay our flight leaves in exactly one hour and 40 minutes so I want us all out of the house by 6". There's dad calling out again. I got out of bed and poured myself some cereal. After I finished eating I ran upstairs and sat in front of my mirror. I put my hair in a messy plait on the side (to avoid straightening it, as I had already packed my straightener) and put some light makeup on, whatever wasn't in my suitcase.

At 5 minutes to 6 we all got in the car and drove down to the airport.