Chapter 17

A/N

This chapters a bit shorter, I've been really busy! But enjoy xx

Michael's POV

 About a week before I left for Queensland, I took Cass for a drive. We drove down to the coast and I took her to a place that I've been many times, but I was sure she hadn't visited it. There's a beach, a really cool beach that has lakes and rivers surrounding it, with wooden bridges going over them and completely surrounded by trees. I went there heaps as a kid, and thought it was the coolest place ever, and when I was a young teenager I would go there with my friends and we became obsessed with the rope that hangs over one of the lakes. We actually managed to get all 5 of us hanging onto it at once and we swung across the lake and all fell in.

It became a really common thing for me to drive to Cassie's in the morning and pick her up to go somewhere. On this day I drove over there at about 8am, and I told her to wear swimmers under her clothes and we drove for an hour or so. She'd always bring along one of the cds that I had bought her many weeks before, she'd come to love all the bands. As we drove, she sang really loudly to the music (as in, full on head banging and air guitar) and I just smiled at her and laughed occasionally. Once we got to the coast she got out of the car and started running for the beach. So I ran up behind her and picked her up.

"We aren't going to the beach exactly" I said while she laughed. I put her down and she looked confused.

"Why am I wearing swimmers then?"

I led her along the pathway that winded in and out of the trees that ran all along the edge of the sandy beach until we reached the place I used to call the 'secret hideaway'. She looked amazed once she saw that hidden here was natural pools and rivers and bridges and waterfalls. Plus I couldn't hear anyone else hanging about near us. I walked over and climbed onto a big rock, before jumping into the water below. I looked up at her and saw her grab the hanging rope and swing across the water, not letting go yet. It actually looked pretty fun to just swing across over and over again. Until she eventually let go and landed with a splash next to me. After swimming for a bit, she got really excited and started running across one of the bridges and then jumping into another lake, and then running along the small river and splashing about. It was pretty cute. Once I finally caught her I hugged her really tight and she was unable to run away from me. To be honest, I could have picked a better day to take her here. The sky was now darker, filled with grey clouds. So once the rain decided to ruin our day, I drove her back to my place and she stayed the night. then the next night I stayed over at her place, spending every second of the day with her was a good idea because soon I won't see her often at all. But we aren't talking about that. She has a vinyl record player in her room and I thought it was pretty cool so we kept playing the records she owned.

"I'm gonna go have a shower" She said while standing up. We had both been laughing non stop and we were both in that mood where everything was funny. Giggling, she walked into her bathroom. I just sat on her bed and played some music on her guitar. I had this whole idea a while ago about writing a song for her. I just can't get the lyrics right. Then her phone, which was on the floor, started ringing. I ignored it, being that privacy respecting kind of person. Then their home phone started ringing. No one else was home so I walked down the stairs and answered it, because ages ago she said I could.

"Hello?"

"Hi, who's this?" The voice on the other side of the phone was a guy, he sounded kinda young.

"Michael, can I take a message for anyone?" That sounded like what people say when they answer someone elses phone for them. The guy was quiet for a moment.

"You there?" I asked.

"Just tell Cassie that Calum called" And with that he hung up.