You've moved on, found someone new (1984)

We broke up a month ago
Your friends aren't mine, you know, I know
You've moved on, found someone new
One more girl who brings out the better in you
And I thought my heart was attached
For all the sunlight of our past
But she's so sweet, she's so pretty
Does she mean you forgot about me?
Oh, I hope you're happy, but not like how you were with me
I'm selfish, I know, I can't let you go
So find someone great but don't find no one better
I hope you're happy, but don't be happier
And do you tell her she's the most beautiful girl you've ever seen?
An eternal love bullshit you know you'll never mean
Remember when I believed you meant it when you said it first to me?
And now I'm pickin' her apart
Like cuttin' her down make you miss my wretched heart
But she's beautiful, she looks kind, she probably gives you butterflies
I hope you're happy, but not like how you were with me
I'm selfish, I know, I can't let you go
So find someone great but don't find no one better
I hope you're happy, I wish you all the best, really
Say you love her, baby, just not like you loved me
And think of me fondly when your hands are on her
I hope you're happy, but don't be happier
Ooh, ooh-ooh-ooh-ooh, ooh-ooh-ooh-ooh
Ooh-ooh-ooh-ooh, ooh-ooh-ooh
I hope you're happy, just not like how you were with me
I'm selfish, I know, can't let you go
So find someone great, don't find no one better
I hope you're happy, but don't be happier
(Olivia Rodrigo)

It has been over a year now that ABBA came to an end. Well, officially they never actually ended it. "We're just taking a break", they always used to reply, while everyone of the four members deep down inside knew that it wasn't just a break. It was the end of something special, something unique and a wonderful time they had shared with each other. But it seemed impossible to just go on. Therefore too much has happened. Both couples were now divorced and those weren't actually easy divorces, so they simply lost their happiness and fun together. Sometimes you have to let go to move on.
And Frida tried her very best to do exactly that: moving on. It was hard honestly. ABBA meant the world to her. If it wasn't for ABBA, Frida would have never experienced such joy to be on stage and pursue the career she had always dreamed of. And then there was Benny. She loved him, probably more than she has ever loved someone before. And more than she would ever love somebody again. He was her true love. And she lost him. Frida remembered sitting on the kitchen floor crying over the news that Mona has given birth to a beautiful son named Ludvig. It was Benny's son and she wasn't the mother. She saw the pictures of him with his boy. She saw him smile twice as wide as ever. He was happy. Maybe even happier than with her. That's what she wanted him to be all along, but that doesn't mean that it made it easier for her.
Frida tried to move on and date other guys, but quickly gave up on that and focused on herself. It took her quite some time to accept her "new reality" but finally she found peace in it.

After everything that happened Frida really needed a change so in 1984 she moved to London and started recording her post-ABBA solo album "Shine". Music has always been her shelter and her sanctuary. She really embraced making music on her own. Every song on that album was so absolutely her and she never expected to feel so good to do her own thing after having sung together with her bandmate Agnetha for so long. Also the new city and country did a good job for her mental health. She didn't need to face her ex husband anymore. The more space between them the better. He had his new little family and she definitely didn't want to interfere. The only communication they shared now was through Görel concerning mostly ABBA and business matters. Frida had simply lost any contact or connection with Benny. Well, not every connection. Today her son Hans and Benny's son Peter would join her in the studio to record backing music for one of the songs of her new album. She was extremely excited to see her two boys again. Yes, she was still referring to Peter as her boy as well. After all, Benny and her had been together for more than 12 years. She raised his kids and had a very strong bond with them and was beyond grateful that this bond was still intact even after their divorce. She wondered if Benny knew that his son would be here today. What would he think of it? Is he talking about her with his kids every now and then? Does she even play a role in his life anymore?
Totally torn out of her thoughts, she was suddenly engulfed in a big hug from her oldest, Hans "Hi mom, it's so good to see you."
Frida returned the hug and was so happy to see him. She saw her kids far too rarely. Behind Hans she spotted Peter. He also seemed a little nervous to see her. It was the first time now after the divorce was finalized and after many phone calls. Letting go of her son, Frida walked over to him and likewise gave him a loving hug "Peter, i am so happy that you came today. I missed you a lot. Wow, you have grown so much you two!" she got sentimental as she watched her two boys all grown up and already in their early twenties.
"Hey Frida, it has been a long time. Good to see you again. And thank you for letting us play for you today. It is an honor." Peter thought it was very special that his ex stepmother wanted them to come today.
"Of course. And it is my honor to have my two sons here with me today."

After a long day of recording, Peter went up to Frida who was just packing up her things.
"Hey Frida, do you have a minute?" he asked hesitantly.
"Sure.", she smiled at him and for a second his eyes reminded her of Bennys.
"How are you Frida? I mean, after everything that happened..."
That question took her off guard. She never talked about her divorce in front of the children. Because a few years ago they were exactly that: children. Now they are adults, but she never expected her former stepson to ask her that question. It welled up a lot of emotions.
"Well, umm, i am good. I am really good honestly. I am happy with what i'm doing and London brings some great opportunities. Sometimes i feel a bit lonely here though. I really miss you guys.", Frida answered honestly. She actually wanted to add "and i really miss your father", but she didn't dare to and kept it to herself.
"That's good. Really Frida, Helene and I we are so proud of you. And we miss you too, you know. Life is just different without you." Peter really missed her. Everything about her. She really has been a mother figure to them for so many years. And yes Mona is nice. She really is. But she is not Frida. Not remotely. Mona made his father happy and he really adored his new little stepbrother Ludvig, but they weren't a family like back in the days with Frida. Now it was Benny with his new wife and son and Peter and Helene were just guests.
"He misses you too. My dad, i mean. He just doesn't show it. But you were very important to him. I just wanted you to know." Peter felt like he needed to let that out. He never understood why his father divorced Frida while being totally in love with her. Sometimes Benny would ask him about Frida. He knew that his kids were still in contact with her. On the one hand it made him very happy but on the other hand he was jealous because his kids now knew more about her life than he did. And Benny just needed to know if she was alright to be at peace.
A few moments passed and Frida didn't know what to answer to Peters confession. Benny missed her? Not that can't be, for sure he did not miss her.
"Well, give Benny my best regards then. I hope he is happy.", Frida shared another hug with Peter and silently whispered "I miss him too", hoping no one would hear her.

It was now october 1984 and Benny was at his new home that he shared with Mona. He just opened himself a bottle of beer and sat down on the couch in their big living room and turned on the TV. The exciting days of his life were over now. No touring around the world nor living the life as a superstar couple with Frida anymore. His life was calm now. He was a husband and father of a little boy. Actually his wife was putting Ludvig to bed right now and he was in front of the TV. That seemed to be their new life routine lately.
He didn't precisely plan to watch anything specific on television, but suddenly stopped on a music show where they just announced his ex wife Frida to perform her new single "Shine". And there she was. His Frida. She looked fantastic, he thought and her green eyes were shining like ever. Even through the TV he got caught by them. Benny stared at her mesmerized and a wave of proud overcame him. She always had powerful energy on stage and she really seemed to enjoy her new solo music. Benny watched her every move and wanted nothing more than to give her a big hug and congratulate her on her new album. Truth to be told: He missed her. He didn't even remember the last time he spoke to her in person. He always asked his kids about her well-being, but honestly he wanted to ask her himself.
"Darling, would you please turn that off so that we can have dinner?", Mona interrupted his admiration of his ex wife and Benny turned the TV and his thoughts on Frida off and returned to his new reality.