236. Talk To Yang Shuo

Start from the beginning

Moreover, he had to communicate with Tian Yusu so that they could cooperate!

After leaving the palace, Han Tingxuan bumped into Dongfang Ye.

Dongfang Ye was also surprised. “Your highness?”

Han Tingxuan narrowed his eyes when he saw Dongfang Ye. He thought that if Dongfang Ye was involved in this plan, it would be more realistic. In addition, this was a good opportunity for Dongfang Ye to take a side. It would be a chance to test how royal Dongfang Ye could be.

With that thought, Han Tingxuan greeted  warmly.

“Official Dongfang, why are you here?”

Dongfang Ye said honestly, “I’m here to run some errands over there.” Dongfang Ye pointed in a direction, then said, “Did you just come out of the palace?”

Han Tingxuan smiled and nodded. “I was going to invite you to a drink.”

“Eh?” Dongfang Ye was a little confused, but he quickly remembered that he hadn’t thanked Han Tingxuan properly for enabling him to see Dongfang Hui. He immediately agreed with a smile. “Good. It is on me.”

“Haha,” Han Tingxuan smiled. “Then let’s go to Restaurant of Bon Appetite for a drink?”

“Okay! Please! ”

“Please!” The two of them chatted and walked all the way to Restaurant of Bon Appetite.

10 Days later, Yue Empire.

During these days, the officials of the Yue Empire had noticed a problem.

State Master was no longer the Emperor’s favorite.

The person chosen by the Emperor for the Spring sacrifice ritual was not the State Master but someone else!

Since the State Master had been serving the country for many years, he had a lot of supporters. These people had been fighting for the State Master, which caused a lot of trouble to the emperor of the Yue Empire.

In the imperial study, Yue Weiyou sneered, “I would love to see how many of my official he has influenced.”

Yue Weiyou’s eyes were extremely cold.

“Emperor Father,” Yue Youbai walked out of the tunnel. Yue Weiyou’s eyes softened. “It’s you.”

Yue Youbai nodded. “Yes, Emperor Father, this is what I have collected in the past few days.”

Yue Weiyou nodded and read the paper that Yue Youbai had delivered before burning it.

“You don’t need rush it. Your safety is the top priority. Understand?”

Yue Youbai smiled. “Your secret guards have been protecting me on every mission. I am perfectly safe.”

Yue Weiyou looked at Yue Youbai and felt guilty. “Have you looked in the mirror for the past few days?”

Yue Youbai was stunned. “What’s wrong? What’s wrong with me?”

Yue Weiyou said softly, “Can’t you feel that you are much thinner?”

Yue Youbai’s eyes flashed and he slowly shook his  head. “You are joking. I am not thinner. I am the same as before”

Yue Weiyou pulled Yue Youbai to his  side. “Same? How come? Look at how your tiny chin? ”

Yue Youbai stopped talking.

Yue Weiyou sighed, “Bai, I didn’t want to get involved with your affairs in the first place. But I’m afraid that there are some things that I should tell you.”

Yue Youbai was stunned. “What?”

“Do you know where Yang Shuo is now?” Yue Weiyou asked.

Yue Youbai pursed his  lips. “He is the Imperial City.”

Yue Weiyou shook his  head. “No, he’s in the palace.”

Yue Youbai was stunned. “What?!”

Yue Weiyou said softly, “In the palace, he is looking for all the spies planted by the State Master in the palace.”

Yue Youbai inhaled in fear. “How could it be…”

Yue Weiyou told him the conversation he had with Yang Shuo that day. “That’s what he said. Bai… ”

He patted Yue Youbai’s shoulder. “He is very determined, but he doesn’t know you very well… If you have any misunderstandings, you can talk about it face to face.”

Yue Youbai didn’t know how he left. All he knew was that his heart was beating fast, really fast.

In the end, after Yue Youbai left the secret tunnel, he went to look for Yang Shuo.

At that time, Yang Shuo was keeping an eye on someone. When he heard footsteps behind him, he  immediately attacked behind him.

“It’s me…” Yue Youbai grabbed his wrist.

Yang Shuo was stunned, and Yue Youbai said softly, “Follow me.” Then he pulled him away.

Yang Shuo followed him silently. Not long after, Yue Youbai led him to a secret room.

“Why are you here?” Yue Youbai asked him, looking into his eyes.

Yang Shuo said lightly, “To do some errands.”

Yue Youbai gritted his  teeth. “Yang Shuo, are you lying to me?”

Yang Shuo paused and didn’t say anything.

Yue Youbai approached Yang Shuo step by step and said, “I just came from Emperor Father.”

Yang Shuo froze again, then said lightly, “Okay. Then?”

Yue Youbai closed his  eyes and restrained his  anger. “Should I thank you for thinking for me?”

Yang Shuo said lightly, “Not entirely for you. I’m doing it for myself.”

“For yourself…?”

Yang Shuo said, “In order to carry out the mission without any reservations.”

Yue Youbai sneered. “What a sacrifice!”

Yang Shuo said lightly, “Yes.”

Yue Youbai “…”

After a long time, Yue Youbai took a deep breath. “Are you really going to…ignore me?”

Yang Shuo lowered his head and said softly, “Bai, can we talk about us later, huh?”

Yue Youbai’s lips trembled and he suddenly said, “Emperor Father wants to recruit the power of the Li family. He told me to consider it. If we are never going to see each other, I will immediately marry Prince Li’s son. If this is the case, the Emperor Father will have a higher chance of winning the State Master.”

Yang Shuo froze there.

The corner of  Yue Youbai’s mouth curved up into a smile. “What do you think? Should I agree?”

Yang Shuo raised his head abruptly.

There was a smile on the corner of Yue Youbai’s mouth. He said softly, “I think this idea is really good. What do you think?”

Yang Shuo was speechless.