222. Night Attack

Nangong Wudi went to talk to Dongfang Yi.

Dongfang Yi looked at him in surprise. “Wudi, what’s wrong with you? ”

Nangong Wudi put on a bitter smile. “It’s a long story…”

Dongfang Yi was silent and then continued. “I heard that there is a mess in your family. How is it going now?”

Nangong Wudi shook his head. “Although my brother has returned, he has become someone that we don’t even know.”

“Nangong Yu is back?” Dongfang Yi asked.

Nangong Wudi nodded. “We’ve found him. It’s just that the news has been spread out. Now, our family has become a joke,” said Nangong Wudi bitterly.

Dongfang Yi was silent but didn’t say anything.

“Right, where is your big brother?” It was Dongfang Ye that Nongong Wudi was talking about.

Dongfang Yi said, “Cousin should be in the palace. Do you want to talk to him?”

“No, my big brother wants to meet him.”

Dongfang Yi nodded. “I see now. When he comes back, I’ll tell him.”

“Also, I have something to ask for your help. Are you free?” Nangong Wudi said softly.

Dongfang Yi nodded without hesitation. “Of course, I’m free. If you have anything, just say it.”

“Alright, let’s talk as we walk…”

After the two of them left, a man dressed in a green manservant showed up and quickly disappeared.

However, what this person didn’t know was that after he disappeared, another person appeared where the person had been.

A moment later, one of Yang Shuo’s fellowmen came to report, “Our scouts keeping an eye on the Nangong and Dongfang families confirmed that they are under watch.”

Yang Shuo nodded. “Mmm, I know. Keep an close eye on them.”

“Yes.”

Yang Shuo waved his hand. After the man left, Yang Shuo thought for a moment and wrote a letter to the subordinate waiting outside. “Hurry up, send it to City of Jade.”

“Yes, mission is accepted!”

After the man left, Yue Youbai walked and Yang Shuo approached him. “What brings you here?”

“Come and see if you need my help.” Yue Youbai said with a smile.

Yang Shuo smiled, holding Yue Youbai’s hand. “I’m fine here, but you need to pay attention to it yourself. No one is looking for trouble again, right?”

Yan Shuo was referring to the people from the Yue Empire.  Yue Youbai shook his head. “No.”

Yang Shuo nodded. “That’s good… You…” Just as he was about to say something, a man dressed in a manservant walked into their eyesight. Yang Shuo shouted, “Take him down!”

The servant was terrified as a few guards surrounded him, “What- what are you doing?”

The guards didn’t speak at all. They launched an attack with knives. The servant was so shocked and flew to avoid the incoming knife. However, this action exposed him.

The servant didn’t expect these people to kill him! Immediately, he tried his best to struggle.

However, no matter how hard he struggled, it was useless.