Chapter 13- Jeg elsker deg, Du elsker meg.

After reluctantly pulling away from each other, Hunter set about forming a cast.

"To keep the bone alignment straight." he stated, fiddling with a battered medical kit.

"Tomorrow, I'll go to the Owl House. Maybe show 'em my wings." you smiled.

He nodded, producing a few wraps of cloth and another stiffer material.

"That's a good idea. I'll inform Belos of your progress." he replied.

He walked back to the bed where you sat, supplies in hand.

Kneeling down, he eased of your boot.

"You're already bandaged?" he said, looking at the cloth rapped around your foot up to your ankle.

"It's more comfortable for when I wear boots- which is all the time." you explained.

He sighed, and began applying the cast.

"Gods, it'll be awkward for me to walk- won't it?" you inquired nervously.

He met your eyes. "Yeah, but you can use a crutch of some kind."

You grinned suddenly, standing up, knocking Hunter backwards on the floor.

"A cane! I shall brandish a cane!!" you exclaimed proudly, a black cane with a mushroom handle forming in your hand.

Beaming, you pulled him up in front of you.

Twirling the stick round, you looked at him expectantly. 

"Do I look marvellous, or what?" you tilted up your chin, imitating some hoity-toity aristocrat.

He shook his head, laughing. "You do. It's weird, two months ago you were so hidden, blank, mysterious- now you're more..." 

"Mortal; I am more like a mortal." you finished his sentence.

"I guess. That's not like, a bad thing- right? For your status, I mean." Hunter replied, sitting on the wooden desk chair.

"Not really, it just means I'm adapting to my surroundings, rather than attempting to change them; which, is what any other immortal or alike would do." 

He nodded in acknowledgement. 

After twirling your cane a few more times, you sat back down on his bed.

"It's really, really late. You should sleep." you prompted.

He cocked an eyebrow. "You should sleep to, you look like you've not slept properly in a decade." 

"That's because I haven't." rolling your eyes, you smirked at him.

Sensing his surprise, you continued.

"As well as not requiring sleep, I do not need to eat or drink, nor must I worry about death. If I die, I will be reborn- where, when and as what? That in unbeknown to me."

"Actually... you might wanna avoid death." Hunter said, staring softly into your eyes.

"Why?" 

"Because your death would be the end of me." he said, in a cheesy attempt to be romantic.

You sighed, smiling.

He got off the chair once again, coming to stand in front of you.

Gently, he pushed you onto your back.

His face inches away from yours, he whispered, "Is it ok if I silence your brother a little longer? Then, I promise I'll sleep."

"Sure."